ABA ROLI seeks a full time Operations Manager (OM), to be a key part of the management team of ABA ROLI’s Philippines Operations. The OM will oversee financial and administration operations of ABA ROLI’s field office in Makati, Metro Manila; including, improving organizational processes and procedures, productivity and efficiencies.
Under the supervision of the Country Director (CD) and ABA ROLI Asia/Pacific Director (located in Washington, DC), the OM will also work with ABA ROLI program and finance teams in Washington, DC to provide financial management of the Manila office and all programs in the assigned portfolio. The OM will work closely with the CD to ensure compliance with donor and ABA ROLI policies and procedures. The OM will also administer procurement and oversee personnel management to ensure compliance with local laws.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage Philippines Operations Staff, including Driver, Administrative Officer and Project Accountant
- Coordinate office operations to ensure effective and efficient implementation of ABA Philippines’ portfolio of donor-funded programs;
- Coordinate financial, procurement, administrative, and human resources support functions to ensure the field office operates within the overall policies and procedures of ABA and donor organizations;
- Encourage, motivate and capacitate staff to improve performance and morale, including training local staff on donor and ABA policies and regulations;
- As authorized, serve as fiduciary of funds dedicated to ABA programs and activities;
- Serve as an overall quality assurance verifier in all field financial, procurement, personnel and administrative transactions, ensuring the highest level of accuracy in all financial reports;
- Manage project office funds including bank accounts;
- Prepare complex budgets and realignment of budgets
- Review financial reports including cash forecasts, accruals, bank and cash reconciliations, tax, payroll and expense reports, and submission of reportorial requirements and payment remittances to local government agencies, and, at times, personally undertake these tasks;
- Monitor program spending for donor-funded programs; including those of sub-grantees;
- Ensure timely payment to vendors in compliance with ABA ROLI policies and procedures;
- Maintain office financial and operational policies, including security policies in collaboration with ABA ROLI’s field office and Washington-based security staff;
- Work with Philippines program staff on financial management and compliance, including training staff on ABA ROLI policies and procedures;
- Oversee the drafting, executing, and management of contracts for staff, consultants, and vendors; as well as maintenance of resident staff timesheets, tracking of leave time; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Operations Management or related field, a master’s degree will be an advantage
- At least five years of senior financial and administration management experience particularly with non-governmental organizations, international organizations or multilateral institutions;
- Experience working with US government-funded projects, including familiarity with U.S regulations will be an asset
- Experience managing staff and working within a team composed of administrative, financial and programmatic staff;
- Experience in human resource management, office administration, accounting and auditing is essential;
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Excel, and Word;
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and Tagalog;
- High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility;
- Ability to use discretion when working with confidential documents and information;
- Ability to operate efficiently while juggling multiple priorities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Audrey Anonuevo, Audrey.Anonuevo@abaroli.org.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html