Cardno is seeking an Operations Manager for the USAID Biodiversity Program in Papua New Guinea.
The USAID Papua New Guinea (PNG) Biodiversity Program is a five-year conservation program based in Port Moresby. The program aims to strengthen the management of environmental resources in PNG to promote conservation of the country’s exceptional biodiversity and enhance the resilience of its people. The biodiversity program will reduce significant threats to priority biodiversity hotspots in PNG by supporting communities to manage their customary lands, working at both national and local levels to develop the capacities needed to provide communities with the legal, technical, and financial resources required to achieve the sustainable management of natural resources in their customary lands and waters. The program seeks an Operations Manager to manage the logistics, procurement, and information technology of the program, and ensure optimal operational policies and procedures. The Operations Manager is a local position and therefore ineligible for USAID allowances.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the office and field sites;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff, and project equipment and inventory and assets register;
- Support the development of reports, work plans, and other program deliverables;
- Manage procurement processes for compliance and to meet the needs of the program;
- Ensure information technology requirements of the project are met, and project data securely stored;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all local vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Work with the Director, Finance and Operations (DFO) on all security-related issues and provide updates to the security manual;
- Manage office(s), including lease negotiations and property insurance, as required;
- Ensure that proper approvals and other contractual requirements are met; that all deliverables and required contractual documentation are filed appropriately electronically and in hard copy;
- Oversee procurement of local insurance as required, inspection, registration and operations for in country vehicle(s);
- Assist DFO in development and oversight implementation of project human resources, financial management, logistics and operational policies and procedures;
- Support DFO in maintaining program expenditure records to ensure spending is in line with field operational budget; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: BSc/BA (or equivalent) in relevant field;
- REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of experience managing
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders in challenging environments to implement community-driven conservation activities;
- Demonstrated familiarity with managing and implementing program activities according to donor expectations and regulations; USAID experience preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet management deadlines;
- Proven ability to work under pressure;
- Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development and anti-corruption;
- Ability to be flexible to changes in working hours where required;
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; and
- Good communication skills, both written and oral English language skills required.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter, including “PNG and Job Title” on the subject line of the email. CV and cover letter should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.