Operations Manager, Yemen Continuous Learning & Evaluation Activity,
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship will be considered. **
The Operations Manager will oversee project operations and administration including procurement, human resource functions such as hiring and orientation, and general program administration and logistics. This position will oversee procurement and recruitment integrity and compliance with MSI’s processes. They will directly supervise the administrative staff in the field and will be the main point of contact for home office on procurement and human resource matters. This position reports to the COP.
Budgetary Responsibilities (15%)
· Monitor the field office budget and provide required reporting
· Ensure that the project meets all MSI, USAID, and Jordon government requirements relative to USAID funds accountability and local law
· Develops, manages, and monitors project budgets and annual workplans
Procurement Management (45%)
· Manage and process all procurements in accordance to USAID rules and regulations and MSI procedures and policies
· Submit periodic reports including annual procurement plans
· Manage all leases and service agreements for the project including arranging meetings, price negotiation, follow-ups, preparing agreements
· Establish an inventory, and ensure all durable good procured are properly tagged and included in the inventory
· Manage relationships with local vendors and service providers
· Provide support and guidance on procurement to the Yemen Operations team as needed
· Review Purchase Orders for accuracy and completeness on a weekly basis and report any discrepancies to the DCOP
HR Management (15 %)
· Oversee human resources activities affecting the project
· Prepares welcome packages for out of country visitors and/or STTA personnel
· Serve as Amman office Security Focal Point (SFP) on security for all staff
· Liaise with Yemen Country Manager to support Yemen office HR
Administrative and Logistics Management (15 %)
· Oversee administrative, logistical matters, to include coordination of travel arrangements and IT asset management
· Manage and organize facilities by ensuring the smooth running of office operations and procedures in compliance with MSI policies
· Manages all logistical arrangements for program events, domestic and abroad
Team Management (10%)
· Provide direct supervision to the YCLE Finance and Administration Officer and all part time or full-time office support staff
· Bachelor’s Degree in finance, administration, or a related area required; Master’s Degree preferred
· A minimum of five years of demonstrated relevant experience with similar international, donor-funded programs (USG experience is highly desirable)
· Familiarity with US government Procurement and Contract Management policies and procedures, preferably with experience with procurement in a USAID funded project
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to engage directly with senior national and municipal government counterparts
· Familiarity with USAID programming, rules, and regulations
· Experience working in Yemen or on Yemen focused programs highly desirable
· Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team approach
· Strong computer skills, including ease and skill in using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet and Microsoft Windows applications are required.
· English and Arabic language skills required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please emailMSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com