Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Peru
ME&A is recruiting an Operations / Office Manager for the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) contract. The purpose of MELS is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. Additionally, MELS will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders. The Mission focuses on sustainable natural resource management and increased public services in the Amazon basin.
The Operations / Office Manager will be in charge of providing operational and administrative assistance to the project staff, performing various administrative, coordination and logistical services. They provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Manage employee/contractor travel arrangements including: Booking flights, booking hotels, providing travel advances, and drafting Professional Service Agreements (PSAs).
- Draft and edit contracts, and support the editing of draft reports.
- Draft monthly project status reports.
- Schedule, manage, and monitor meetings and conference calls.
- Coordinate with IT support.
- Maintain meeting and travel schedules, manage office supplies (including purchasing whatever is needed on a regular basis), maintain the office phone system, ensure printer supplies are maintained, printer maintenance, copying and scanning.
- Answer and transfer phones accordingly, greet visitors, prepare the conference room for meetings, and open and close the office.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with 4 years of professional/office experience, including internships.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to track and report data accurately and timely
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work across and communicate with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with scanning and general office equipment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Fluency in Spanish required, fluency in English and Portuguese desired
- Expertise in Peru highly desired, and experience in Brazil and Paraguay are a plus
- Resident or citizen of Peru required
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.