Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a U.S. Department of State-funded civil society development program based in Berlin, Germany.
The Operations Officer will be based in Berlin, Germany, and will report directly to the Deputy Team Lead (DTL). The Operations Officer will be responsible to provide administrative support with the overall target to maintain efficiency in program activities and ensuring full compliance with Creative internal policies and procedures.
Operations Officer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the DTL in daily office management, including logistical and administrative support, and drafting communication to local partners and subcontractors;
- Assist with all aspects of general office coordination; coordinating appointments, preparing/disseminating materials, translating and formatting letters and presentations.
- Ensure all employee files are complete and stored properly;
- Assist with implementation of HR procedures, supporting recruitment processes and attendance tracking; review timesheets and leave requests, publish vacancy announcements, interview scheduling, candidate longlisting, conducting reference checks; assisting onboarding, orientation and off-boarding;
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports as requested.
- Update Liaison Office Contact List, Phone Tree and Employee Database on a regular basis.;
- Coordinate domestic travel and hotel arrangements related to program activities. Ensure all travel requests are responded timely, efficiently and arrangements comply with U.S. Government procedures;
- Review invoices, draft payment requests for operational expenses, office supplies and stationary; and
- Other duties, as assigned by the DTL and Operations Coordinator that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
- 1-2 years work experience in admin, operations, HR; experience with international organizations or NGOs preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant field;
- Fluency in German and English required. Arabic language skills are a plus;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint, Outlook; and
- Detail oriented, excellent ability to plan and follow up.
Please submit a CV of no more than 3 pages maximum to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title of “Finance and Administrative Officer” in the subject; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; any relocation and costs to Berlin for this position will be the responsibility of the selected candidate.
Creative Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.