Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of office, the Operations officer is responsible for a variety of operational tasks and services, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. S/he takes routine decisions on partnerships and administrative processes based on clearly established authority and guidelines.
The Operations officer works in close collaboration with operations and project staff at Headquarters, in Regional Offices and Operations/Project Centres, as well as with staff of other UN agencies to ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of partnerships development support
- Provision of portfolio management
- Provision of administrative and secretarial support, including office maintenance and assets management.
Impact and results
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16895
- A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience is required.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in development studies, international affairs, political science or related field is preferred and can compensate for some of the required years of experience;
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in partner or client relationships, business development and/or market analysis.
- Demonstrated excellent research and analysis skills related to partner/business development in an international setting;
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Field experience or experience in developing countries is considered an asset;
- Preferably prior knowledge of working in the UN environment;
- Experience with international organizations or public institutions is considered an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Japanese is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desired.
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace-building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.