Operations & Security Manager, USAID/Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES), Baghdad, Iraq
Under the recently-awarded Iraq PMES contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of the contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting. The project will have offices Baghdad and Erbil.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position**
The Operations & Security Manager (OSM) will manage day-to-day office operation, including safety and security of PMES personnel. They will support transportation, travel and movement coordination and logistics. The OSM will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). This is a full-time position based in Baghdad.
- Continually monitor and analyze security conditions in the country in general, and more specifically in the areas where the project works, via local media, security reports, and information collected from field-based staff and local partners
- Help assess security risks that may impact staff movements and safety in different parts of the country and communicate them in a timely manner to ensure timely decision-making and up-to-date situational awareness
- Communicate safety and security developments and analysis to staff on a regular basis
- Ensure the continued relevance and consistent implementation of Standard Operating Procedures related to the health, safety and security of the field-based staff
- Recommend changes to security or logistics procedures in conjunction with the DCOP and the HQ Security Manager, when appropriate
- Ensure a constant update of the emergency contact list and the issuance of badges on time
- Evaluate, review and update the lock down, hibernation and evacuation plans for MSI in Iraq and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved and in coordination with security service provider
· Follow up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards
- Serve as the project’s Security Focal Point (SFP) and provide regular updates and trainings to project staff on basic security topics such as fire safety, communications, etc.
- Serve as SFP with security service provider in regards visitors’ entry, workplace health, and safety and security protocols
- Ensure drill and trainings required by MSI security policy are completed on schedule
- Issue regular security and safety updates to project staff, and coordinate emergency messaging in the event of a crisis in accordance with the PMES phone tree and security manual
- Create an information network in the project operational areas
· Build strong professional relationships with UN agencies, local authorities, other operators, (local and international) and other relevant actors
· Participate in security coordination meetings and stay aware of current security problems
- Oversee the project’s logistics, organize and arrange domestic travel, trainings, hotel accommodations, transportation and communication, program related meetings, conferences, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact with PMES security subcontractor, including arranging secure transport as well as local authorities
- Prepare journey management plans, coordinate travel tracking and check in systems to support all staff movements
- Orientation and security briefing for local and international staff, consultants, and subcontractor staff
- Support visa process for expats and suggest necessary SOPs to be followed in compliance with local regulations
- Support and manage the relation with IZ badge office to ensure IZ badge issuance is possible and completed in timely manner
- Serve as a focal point with local authorities when needed
- Manage necessary filling in regards MSI’s paperwork with Municipality council, Residency office, and provide guidance and support with local authority’s inspections visit when needed
- Assist with office procurements as needed and requested by the DCOP which may include verifying vendor pricing, quality of goods, bid procedures, and delivery details
- Provide other logistical support as needed
· Bachelors’ degree preferred
· A minimum of five years of experience conducting security analyses; planning and managing security operations; training and supporting sound security procedures and operations; and coordinating logistics
· Ability to exercise sound judgement in crisis and emergency situations
· Ability to implement and manage program activities
· Strong English speaking and writing capabilities
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.