Tetra Tech seeks candidates for an Operations Specialist position to be considered for the INL funded 5-year Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP). This position will be based in Arlington, VA.
This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice, Attorney General’s Office, Supreme Court, Ministry of Women’s Affairs, and other justice organizations through four main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform, case management system, and gender mainstreaming and protection of vulnerable groups.
The Operations Specialist serves on the program management office team as a key personnel of the Justice Sector Support Program. They will play a key role in monitoring program effectiveness and efficiency by providing comprehensive day to day support to the field and each respective functional areas to include but not limited to HR, finance, procurement, staffing, logistics, IT/communications, security, etc. The Operations Specialist also works closely with the Program Implementer to develop, analyze, and strategize program goals and policy and procedures to ensure cost effective solutions are presented to INL while maintaining the efficiency to the program. The Operations Specialist serves as main point of contact for field office for day-to-day activities including procurement, compliance, budgets, organizing team tours, recruiting, contracting and deploying long-term staff and short-term consultants, project-related travel, and coordination of logistics.
The Operations Specialist will respond to operational inquiries from the field and advise the Program Implementer on program decision making, and serve as a program representative to INL and attend meetings with the INL program office in Washington D.C.
- Other duties and assignments as follows:
- Attend pre-deployment trainings to engage, assist and present task order specific information to candidates as part of the on-boarding process; conduct interviews during Management Oral Boards (MOBs) at pre-deployment training to assess candidates eligibility for deployment;
- QA/QC of company invoices before submission to INL;
- Review, approve, input Purchase Requests;
- Coordinate with travel administrator on outstanding requests from the field;
- Develop, track and review all program deliverables;
- Coordinate Requests for Information with field teams and assist in drafting responses for INL.
Nationality: American National (AN)
Base of Operations: Arlington, VA
Required Clearance (to be obtained): Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-3 years program management/government contracting experience.
- Experience supporting operations activities on a government contracting program.
- Experience working TDY on a government contracting program overseas.
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of business accounting and budgeting.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks independently
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and procurement and financial management systems.
- Knowledge of the FAR and experience working with USG/Department of State and Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs).
- Procurement and logistics.
- Ability & willingness to travel to austere/hazardous locations as necessary, including to Afghanistan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing Operations Specialist JSSP in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Tt DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tt DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.