Position: OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (OS)
Nationality: American National (AN)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Program Implementer
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (OS) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The Operations Specialist shall:
- Serve on the program management office team as a key personnel of the Justice Sector Support Program
- Play a key role in monitoring program effectiveness and efficiency by providing comprehensive day to day support to the field and each respective functional areas to include but not limited to HR, finance, procurement, staffing, logistics, IT/comms, security, etc.
- Work closely with the Program Implementer to develop, analyze, and strategize program goals and policy and procedures to ensure cost effective solutions are presented to INL while maintaining the efficiency to the program
- Have full knowledge and an understanding of task order(s) including the Statement of Work (SOW) and contract requirements in order to prepare, track and submit JSSP deliverables and program milestones
- Respond to operational inquiries from the field and advise the Program Implementer on program decision making
- Serve as a program representative to INL and attend meetings with the INL program office
Other duties and assignments as follows:
- QA/QC of company invoices before submission to INL
- Review, approve, input Purchase Requests
- Coordinate with travel administrator on outstanding requests from the field
- Develop, track and review all program deliverables
- Coordinate Requests for Information with field teams and assist in drafting responses for INL
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of one to three years program management/government contracting experience
- Experience working operations on a government contracting program
- Experience working TDY on a government contracting program overseas
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of business accounting and budgeting
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks independently
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and procurement and financial management systems
- Knowledge of the FAR and experience working with USG/Department of State and Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs)
- Procurement and logistics
- Ability & willingness to travel to austere/hazardous locations as necessary
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.