Project title: Technical assistance project within the police budget support programme
The overall objective of this project is: “To contribute to and support Moldova in implementing its Police Reform laid out in the Police Development Strategy 2016-2020 and the EU Police Reform Budget Support Programme 2017-2020”.
The purposes of this project are as follows:
- to support the full implementation of the EU Police Sector Reform Contract (Budget Support Programme), with a particular focus on its policy matrix and in view of the overall national police reform context;
- to bring Moldova’s police force further in line with EU and international standards and practices in the field of policing;
- to strengthen Moldova’s police force as a performant and operationally independent organisation;
- to assist the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the General Police Inspectorate in the implementation of its different awareness, communication and visibility actions in the field of policing, with a particular focus on enhancing the European Union’s positive image in this domain.
The expected results are:
- The beneficiaries will have received documented support regarding all component (see infra: 4.1.1 Project description) that allows them to achieve the goals laid out in the EU Police Reform Budget Support Programme;
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs and the General Police Inspectorate are professionally assisted in the execution of its different awareness, communication and visibility actions in the field of policing, with a particular focus on enhancing the European Union’s positive image in this domain;
- Actions Plans formulated by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and/or General Police Inspectorate are adequately costed;
- The quality of the medium term and annual budget proposals submitted by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and/or the General Police Inspectorate to the Ministry of Finance is enhanced;
- Procurements carried out by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and/or General Police Inspectorate are designed and implemented timely, are legally compliant and transparent.
Commencement date of the project: September 2018
Duration of the assignment: minimum 660 working days
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in the fields of Law, Criminology, Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related fields of equivalent scope, (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of four (4) years study in a university) or, in the absence of the required academic degree, six (6) years of professional experience in the fields of Law, Criminology, Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or associated fields of equivalent scope, on top of the years and experience as described under General professional experience;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken.
General professional experience:
- At least eight (8) years of general experience in the fields relevant to the position;
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience working with or for central, regional and/or local bodies dealing with law enforcement and/or security sector reform.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven experience as capacity-building and institutional-strengthening expert in at least three (3) technical assistance/grant projects including at least one project involving more than 200 working days of expert input during the duration of the project;
- Project implementation experience in ENI/ENPI and/or IPA/IPA II and/or Central Asia countries and/or Russia will be considered an asset;
- Experience as trainer, advisor or consultant providing capacity building and institutional-strengthening support to law enforcement organisations (minimum 200 working days), with a focus on delivering organisational and operational advice.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org