Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
Investing in Women’s Pathway One: Business Partnerships (P1) team requires an expert Organisational Development/Diversity and Inclusion Manager based in Manila, Philippines to report directly to the WGE Advancement and Development Manager and work with the Philippines Business Coalition for Women’s Empowerment (PBCWE). The manager will be one of three Organisational Development Specialist roles in the program (one in each of the three IW countries with the BCs) but this manager will play a senior leadership and coordination role and manage the other 2 positions.
The role will provide advice and support to PBCWE enabling them to lead effective organisational change to advance gender equality within the private sector, supporting them to deliver services to member companies. The role will work closely with the WGE Assessment and Development Manager and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager.
Some duties the Organisational Development/Diversity and Inclusion Manager will be expected to do include:
- Manage the Organisational Development Specialists in Vietnam and Indonesia ensuring the delivery of their TORs to a high standard
- Train the Organisational Development Specialists to be subject matter experts in the implementation of the WGE services delivery approach (in Gender Equality assessments, Gender Equality Company Policies, Gender Equality Staff Surveys and Gender Equality Trainings)
- Support the development of country workplans in partnership with the Business Coalitions
- Provide individualised expert advice to BC member companies on D&I and WGE priorities and challenges in the implementation of action plans and initiatives to progress WGE and organisational and culture change
- Develop strategies and provide direct support to increase sales of BC products and services
- Work with the BCs’ WGE Technical Staff (MEL Coordinators, Program Mangers) and Organizational Specialists to monitor implementation of action plans
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- At least eight years’ experience of managing organisational change or strategic human resources within the private sector
- A sound understanding of leading practice D&I approaches including Workplace Gender Equality
- Experience leading organisational change or human resource transformation programs or initiatives across a company
- Direct experience in promoting consulting/training services securing contracts for priced services with private sector clients
- Proven experience working with, for or providing support and advice to private sector companies on business, people or performance issues across a range of sectors and companies
- Experience of managing teams (ideally remotely/in multiple locations)
- Excellent communication skills and fluent written and spoken English
Further information regarding other key requirements is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (KSC).
KSC 1. At least eight years’ experience of managing organisational change or strategic human resources multiple companies, within the private sector, in the Philippines or SE Asia
KSC 2. Experience promoting consultancy services to companies and securing contracts
KSC 3. Proven experience working with, for, or providing support and advice to private sector companies on business, people or performance issues across a range of sectors and companies
KSC 4. A sound understanding of leading D&I practice and approaches
KSC 5. Strong communication skills and an ability train others
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.