Organization Capacity Assessment, Short Term Technical Assistance, Mali
We are currently looking for a consultant to provide short-term technical assistance to the USAID Cereal Value Chain (CVC) project in Mali. The program increases agriculture production, productivity and incomes within the rice, millet, and sorghum value chains. The position is to start as soon as possible for a short-term consultancy assignment in Mali.
- Work with the Mali CVC team to catalog capacity building activities to date.
- Review current Mali CVC program narrative, work plan(s) and other relevant program documents – in particular those designed to build capacity of partners and beneficiaries.
- Consult with project stakeholders and beneficiaries to identify areas for organizational strengthening with the local partners for scaling up existing program efforts through partnership and alliances, particularly where Mali CVC interventions complement ongoing national and donor initiatives.
- Work with the organizations to fill out the “Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool” (OCAT); this tool assesses legal structure, financial management and internal control systems, procurement systems, human resources, performance management, and organizational sustainability indicators for select project beneficiaries and implementing partners.
- Develop a template for the Capacity Building Action Plans (CBAPs). Prepare preliminary recommendations on a roadmap for project institutionalization and sustainability planning (giving consideration to partner capacity and constraints).
- Provide guidance to the organizations on developing CBAPs that will be used through the Life of Project (LOP). The consultant will work with the organizations to identify specific follow-up assignments for internal/external resources, design SOWs for the assignments and develop a realistic timeline/work plan for the activities.
- Provide recommendations on specific follow-on technical assistance assignments needed to implement the strategy.
- Work plan for assignment and schedule of meetings (no more than 2-5 pages)
- OCAT and Capacity Assessment report / summaries for each institution
- A detailed final report with strategy for institutionalization and sustainability of Mali CVC major project components
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in institutional capacity building and/or organizational strengthening of overseas organizations in a development setting.
- 5 years or more experience working for USAID-funded programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID Forward and use of USAID’s OCA tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID financial and management systems, regulations and reporting requirements, and evidence of ability to, within those requirements, be creative and flexible.
- Strong coordination skills and interpersonal/communications skills.
- Familiarity with capacity building on an individual and institutional level
- A Master’s degree in business administration, management or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken in both French and English.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to MaliCVC@joinav.org with STTA in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
About the Organization
For over 50 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 46 projects in 31 countries and revenues of $173 million.