Organizational Development Lead, USAID DEVELOP Project, Washington, D.C. Area
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing the five year USAID Designing Effective eVidence-based Engagement and Learning for Organizational Performance (DEVELOP) proposal to support USAID’s Center for Education in strengthening its organizational capacity to lead in the education sector, with a particular focus on organizational effectiveness, professional development of USAID education staff, knowledge management, and communications.
The estimated period of performance for this activity is up to five years, with an approximate start date of May 2021.
SI is seeking a full-time Organizational Development (OD) Lead who will lead OD activities and bring advanced expertise in strategic planning, organizational development and change management to the Center for Education. In July 2020, USAID legally established the Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation (DDI), putting the Office of Education on course to transition to the new DDI Center for Education. This transformation presents an opportunity for USAID education staff in Washington to reimagine how this new structure will enable stronger continuous learning and improvement better aligned with the principles and priorities of USAID’s Global Education Policy. The OD Lead will work closely with the Project Director to design and develop actionable strategies for:
1. Strengthening organizational culture and operations to enable continuous learning and improvement in the Center for Education and potentially other Operating Units, and
2. Increasing skills in core competencies and leadership development for the education sector and potentially other Operating Units that address other development sectors.
· Lead on the implementation of OD activities to guide continuous learning and improvement in the Center for Education.
· Provide expertise and technical guidance in organizational change and leadership development, and capacity building.
· Assess the Center of Education’s training needs and design and deliver leadership and professional development training.
· Work closely with the Project Director to consolidate data and gathered information and draft actionable reports and next steps.
· Manage technical and program management staff.
· Master’s degree or higher in public administration, public policy, political science, international affairs/relations or a related field.
· Minimum of 12 years of experience leading organizational development, organizational learning, and an emphasis on knowledge management, organizational development, leadership coaching, and/or organizational strategic planning.
· Advanced management, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge and familiarity with the USAID Education Policy (2018), and expertise in international education fields and cross-cutting issues therein desirable.
· Certification in the field of organizational development from a recognized institution is desirable.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.