Kaizen is a certified small business headquartered in Washington, D.C. with over 12 years of experience implementing USAID projects around the world. From our founding, Kaizen has developed methodologies for organizational capacity development that lead to beneficiary-owned solutions for improved and expanded service delivery in developing countries. These proven methodologies catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements, and establish communities of practice that facilitate institutional cooperation, peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
Kaizen will provide support human and institutional capacity development (HICD) activities for the USAID-funded Papua New Guinea Electrification Partnership (PEP) Activity to strengthen the capacity of government agencies involved in the energy sector.
The Senior Organizational Development (OD) Advisor will provide hands-on technical training and support to the Senior Organizational Development Specialist to ensure consistent high-quality delivery and follow-up. The Senior OD Advisor is expected to engage in trips throughout the project to conduct intensive quality control interventions and engagements with counterparts, and a final trip at the end of the project to support handover and sustainability.
- Conduct OD trainings and facilitate workshops and meetings.
- Provide a direct line of support to the Organizational Development Specialist;
- Monitor and ensure consistent high-quality of deliverables over the course of the project;
- Engage in trips to Papua New Guinea to conduct hands-on support and oversight as needed;
- Conduct consultation meetings, with project team and other relevant stakeholders as needed;
- Manage handover and sustainability during project close-out;
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in international development, public administration, organizational development or other relevant fields;
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in HICD, organizational development, etc. Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience supporting capacity development activities required; energy sector experience strongly preferred;
- Proven experience with training curriculum development and delivery including but not limited to organizational capacity building plan development and providing capacity building support to government entities;
- Strong communication skills, including fluency in both written and oral English required; Tok Pisin, Hiri Motu or other relevant language skills a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders required;
- Previous experience working in Papua New Guinea (PNG), preferably in cooperation with government stakeholders in the PNG energy sector (PLL, ICCC, National Energy Authority, etc) preferred;
- Performance Technologist (CPT) and/or Human Performance Improvement (HPI) certification preferred;
Position contingent upon contract award and client approval.
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (www.thekaizencompany.com) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement.