Dexis is seeking an experienced Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management (OL and KM) Advisor to serve as the technical lead for organizational learning and knowledge management under the Backbone Support and Learning Contract. As a coordination, collaboration, and learning platform, the Backbone Support and Learning program will contribute to all aspects of the RISE II results framework. In addition, it will make a central contribution to the RISE II transformative outcome of “Enhanced capacity to learn and adapt among beneficiaries, local partners, and partner governments.” This position is contingent upon contract award. The expected period of performance is an estimated 5 years (duration of the program). This position will be based in West Africa (Niger or Burkina Faso).
- Developing and implementing a KM strategy in line with USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) strategy to provide support to the RISE II partners, USAID, key resilience coordinating government bodies and NGO resilience stakeholders in Niger and Burkina Faso.
- Facilitating events, systems, and mechanisms that foster the adoption of CLA practices to achieve better results and collective impact.
- Establishing and managing communities of practice that include USAID, RISE II Implementing Partners, government institutions, universities, the private sector, civil society organizations, other donors, etc.
- Overseeing the design and upgrade of a web-based KM platform to facilitate CLA among stakeholders. S/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of regional and national institutions in Knowledge Management.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree or higher in one or more fields related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration, knowledge management, political science, economics, development studies or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in organizational learning, development and/or knowledge management;
- First-hand experience with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts, in support of agriculture, economic growth, health, democracy and governance, water and sanitation;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice and social networking;
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, including written, in-person/presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts.
- Relevant experience with web-based knowledge management platforms and production of GIS maps.
- Required to have oral and written communication and presentations skills in French (equivalent to tested FSI R4/S4) and English.
- Work experience in West Africa (preferably Niger and Burkina Faso)
- Familiarity with USAID’s efforts to build the resilience of vulnerable communities.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.