Outreach and Advocacy expert, Private Sector Growth in Nigeria
Objective of the programme:
The aim of the programme is to promote livelihoods in Nigeria through value chain promotion to increase economic growth, employment and incomes. The programme will be active in the Niger Delta region and will utilise the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to ensure that interventions are pro-poor and inclusive of vulnerable groups, working in close collaboration with the extractive industries to support community engagement.
The Outreach and Advocacy expert will work closely with the Programme’s Team Leader in the formulation of interventions, identifying important stakeholder with which to engage, from the public, private and civil society sectors, as ensuring stakeholder buy-in for these intervention is essential. This communication of ideas and successes by the Outreach and Advocacy Expert will help to achieve the systemic impact for market development and M4P programmes, through the crowding in effect bring interventions to scale and also liaising in particular with state and federal bodies on any business enabling environment issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the team leader in both stakeholder engagement and conveying programme successes to a wider audience
- Support the Team Leader in preparing summaries of achievements for reports and any other written deliverables for the programme, for example, success stories, interim reports or memos to stakeholders
- Work closely with the Team Leader in the formulation of interventions, identifying important stakeholder with which to engage, from the public, private and civil society sectors
- Apply a lens of social inclusion and gender issues to the market development agenda of the programme, as these are important cross-cutting issues
- 5 - 10 years of experience working within advocacy, outreach or communications in the Nigerian context
- At least 5 years’ experience working on donor funded projects, preferably DFID funded projects
- Strong experience working with both federal and state governments in Nigeria
- Significant networking and relationship management skills
Length of the project:
Project Start date:
How to apply:
Please apply using this link:
Deadline for Application:
8th February 2013
About the Organization
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.