Are you a Master’s degree student with a passion for human rights around the world? Join us as our 2019 Fellow with the ABA ROLI Outreach Division.
As an important member of our team, you will be:
- Collaborating with ABA ROLI DC and field staff and ABA pro bono volunteers to create content about the impact of ABA ROLI’s work
- Contributing marketing strategies for communication efforts with donors, board members, pro bono volunteers, and members of the government
- Conceptualizing educational and promotional efforts for ABA ROLI’s 2019 Issues Conference (for info about ABA ROLI’s 2018 Issues Conference, see here)
- Contributing to the writing, editing, and publication of outreach materials
- Supporting research on program topics across ABA ROLI regional departments
Fellows for ABA ROLI will work with staff of their assigned division to gain an understanding of international development programs and international rule of law issues. Although these are unpaid positions, interns at ABA ROLI are eligible for a wide variety of perks and learning opportunities including:
- Invitations to internal brownbags and workshops on international development, ABA educational and networking events at the DC office, access to various software tools/services for research and content production
- Transportation reimbursement up to $15.00/day
- Field trips to D.C. legal destinations such as the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Supreme Court and Library of Congress
Graduate level student seeking relevant degrees in international affairs, international development, or related subject areas;
- Strong commitment to public interest law and/or international development, as evidenced by relevant experience and coursework;
- Interest in the following areas: political engagement, advocacy, graphic design, and or video production
- Creative thinker with excellent writing skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Marketing and or international development experience highly desirable but not required.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, creative, and detail oriented with an ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest and background in strategic communications or a related field, particularly in the context of international development.
To apply, please submit an updated resume and cover letter indicating your Winter/Spring availability. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html