Job DescriptionOVC Technical Lead - Proposal
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
General Job Description
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is seeking an Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Technical Lead to provide technical leadership and oversight for a potential United States Government-funded project based in Malawi. This position is contingent on contract award. URC supports the Government of Malawi, US government (USG), implementing partners, and local providers to design and implement high-quality programs serving vulnerable children and adolescents and their families. Candidates must have demonstrated leadership experience in large health and social service programs in Malawi. A local national with strong leadership and technical skills and a focus on innovation and improvement science is preferred. Please see our website at www.urc-chs.com
for more information on our company.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight of the implementation of the OVC component of the program including case management
- Supervise all activities at community levels relevant to OVC and impact mitigation responses
- Oversee the identification and case management of vulnerable children and families
- Coordinate referral services and ensure a continuum of care between the community to health facilities
- Provide technical and operational program management to URC staff, partners and sub-grantees, to optimize program performance and outcomes
- Coordinate effective implementation of program activities, including the development of work plans and timely reporting.
- Monitor program results against targets and work plans and operationalizes program standards
- Manage and supervise local staff including program partners to meet evolving program demands; provide technical assistance, mentoring and skills building to local staff and key local counterparts.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including Government of Malawi at national, district and peripheral levels, Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare, and other line ministries, CBOs, other local and international agencies
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with URC policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinate with other senior program staff on strategic project management
- A minimum of a university degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in technical and operational program management with a reputable NGO or donor agency
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project management principles, theories, practices
- Technical expertise in programs serving vulnerable children, adolescents and young women at high risk of HIV acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to engage central and local government, donor agencies, development partners, civil society and community-based organizations.
- Experience in work plan development and management of outputs and results of consortium, sub-grantees, and other teaming arrangements.
- Documented experience in providing the technical assistance required to implement a quality improvement approach to service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and supervise staff to ensure optimal participation towards the achievement of program goals through cohesive performance management.
- Experience overseeing program data quality, including the development of data tracking systems and monitoring records.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- A Malawi national is strongly preferred.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our w
About the Organization
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).