Job DescriptionLand O’Lakes is seeking qualified candidates for an anticipated multi-year dairy and livestock development program in Pakistan. The Dairy and Livestock Program Manager will supervise a team of expatriate and local Pakistani professionals to implement initiatives that will strengthen the Pakistani dairy and livestock sectors. The position will be based in Lahore, Pakistan and will involve up to 30% of travel to remote areas, sometimes on short notice.
• Advanced degree in agriculture, animal science or agricultural economics, with ten years of related experience.
• Experience in livestock production, including large and small ruminants.
• Experience in dairy value chain strengthening, dairy production methods, improved inputs, genetics, feed formulation, good agricultural practices (GAP).
• Experience with institutional development of cooperatives, producer groups, and industry associations.
• Demonstrated project management skills and experience in working within a complex multi-ethnic environment, with ability to work independently, take initiative, and use good judgment.
• Previous experience in managing U.S. government grants, agreements and/or contracts desired.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to dialogue, network, and negotiate with professional colleagues, donor agencies, international institutions, research institutions, industry stakeholders and development partners.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and to lead a team to achieve results in a complex and fast-paced environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; strong facilitation and negotiating skills.
• Prior regional experience or strongly desired.