Team Leader Pakistan Climate and Water Governance
Water security (management and governance of water) is a growing concern in Pakistan. The country currently ranks 7th on the climate risk Index and climate change poses additional threat to water security. Wide-scale degradation of the natural resource base including heavy deforestation is also impacting the health of its water systems. The goal of this DFID funded programme is to improve governance of water at national/provincial levels and ensure the ability to adapt to a changing climate, while ensuring environmental sustainability. This will be achieved through:
- Building Government water data management and capacity through technical assistance (TA);
- Support to Government in regulatory frameworks for protecting water resources and environment;
- Improved awareness and accountability for sustainable use of water through civil society engagement;
- Robust Research and innovations – specifically those targeting improved
The project will cover the most at risk provinces in Pakistan and focus on capacity building in:
- Water data management
- Regulatory frameworks
- Awareness, accountability and transparency
- Research and innovation into resilience.
The Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Advising and assisting in all aspects of water governance issues
- Manage preparation of detailed policy recommendations
- Support capacity building in programme and relevant stakeholders;
- Engage with federal and provincial governments on water governance issues
- Take overall responsibility for preparing a consolidated annual work plan and budget
- Oversee/prepare development of a Project Implementation Manual
- Take charge of implementation and supervision of project quality control systems
The Team Leader will need to demonstrate experience and knowledge of:
- Extensive professional experience in water governance and international development projects, minimum 5 years as a Team Leader.
- DFID projects
- Significant experience of water governance policy and guidelines operating between irrigation and agriculture, but not specifically irrigation engineering infrastructure.
- Water accounting and data
- Institutional reform and capacity building
- Pakistan experience, ideally in engaging with federal and provincial level governments (Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) on water policy.
- Knowledge of nature-based solutions or eco-system-based adaptation to address environmental sustainability could be especially useful.
- The Team Leader must have a Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline in water/environment/development. A Master degree or PhD would be an advantage.
Application option HERE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
About the Organization
Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions. We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
What makes us different is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human wellbeing and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.