Papua New Guinea Governance Facility Technical Advisory Panel
Expression of Interest
We are currently seeking applications from mid-level and expert-level experienced technical professionals across a number of areas for short term consultancies with PGF. The purpose of the PGF Technical Advisory Panel is to have pre-screened and qualified technical experts ready for rapid engagement and deployment as required.
The PNG Governance Facility (PGF) is an innovative governance initiative in Papua New Guinea, aimed at contributing to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The PGF will be responsible for the design and implementation of most of Australia’s future governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the Australian and PNG Governments.
Areas of Expertise:
- Asset Management / Design
- Climate Change
- Community Driven Development (CDD) / Citizen Participation
- Communications for Development (C4D)
- Complex and Large Scale Procurement / Competitive Grants Management
- Course Development / Training and Course Delivery Quality Assurance and Delivery Capabilities / Training Needs Assessments
- Development Analytics, Innovation and New Technologies
- Gender and Social Inclusion
- ICT Infrastructure
- Inclusive Economic Growth
- Legal, Compliance and Policy
- Macroeconomic Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Planning, Design & Quality Assurance
- Professional Editing & Formatting
- Public Financial Management
- Public Private Partnerships
- Service Delivery
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum university qualification in relevant discipline;
- Relevant mid and expert level technical and operational experience in the field of expertise;
- Sound understanding of and ability to work within and/or influence government systems;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and writing skills and experience preparing high-level communication products for stakeholders, clients and officials;
- Strong engagement skills with a wide range of government, non-government, and donor organisations; and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-cultural context;
- Experience working in PNG or the Pacific Region is highly desired.
Applicants identified as suitable will be contacted and a series of due diligence activities will be completed. Once all due diligence has been completed to a satisfactory standard, communications will be issued formalising appointment to the panel.
When appropriate consulting opportunities arise, panel members will be contacted and engaged under the Australian Remuneration Framework (ARF). It is important to note that appointment to the panel does not constitute as a commitment of engagement.
Applicants may be either consultants operating as sole traders or incorporated entities.
Further Information and Application Details
Expressions of Interests should be made online via our dedicated careers website and include a current CV, response to the above Key Selection Criteria as well as a brief summary of areas of technical specialty.
Further information relating to the ‘Areas of Expertise’ can be found in the ‘Position Description’ available from our careers site.
For further information about PGF, please refer to the DFAT/PGF Design Document here.
The deadline for submission of your Expression of Interest is Midnight, Sunday 17th September 2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.