Part-Time Finance/Administrative/Procurement Officer, USAID QITABI, Beirut, Lebanon
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is a key partner in the USAID-funded “Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic Education Improvement (QITABI)” Project, which is led by World Learning. QITABI will run from September 2014 through December 2018 and combines a crisis response and development approach to expand equitable access to education and improve learning outcomes for children. MSI’s role is in three areas: (1) Collecting and analyzing data on children’s reading levels by implementing early grade reading assessments; (2) Conducting surveys on teachers’ knowledge of reading instruction; and (3) Holding policy workshops based on the findings of the reading assessments and the reading instruction surveys. MSI will conduct an endline study on students’ reading performance levels for the QITABI project in 240 schools throughout Lebanon.
**Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Finance, Admin and Procurement Assistant will provide administrative support to MSI staff in the World Learning Office, manage payroll for MSI staff, support human resource activities, and oversee the finances of our local data collection subcontractor to ensure compliance with MSI, USAID and Lebanese Government rules and regulations. This is a part-time position requiring a level of effort of up to 50 days through December 2018 on an as-needed basis.
- Prepare monthly payroll for MSI staff and associates and remit monthly taxes and social security contributions to the relevant government authority.
- Manage project bookkeeping in the QuickBooks accounting platform in coordination with the MSI Home Office.
- Manage field office accounts and prepare accurate, timely, and reliable field expense reports along with the respective supporting documentation.
- Produce other accounting and financial reports requested by MSI Home Office.
- Prepare estimates of projected expenditures and request financial resources to MSI Home Office to efficiently and effectively comply with project administration.
- Request and carry out local banking transfers in a timely fashion, to ensure prompt payment of obligations contracted by the project and the efficient management of bank balances.
- Analyze and reconcile the banking accounts assigned to the project.
- Follow-up and verify vendor invoices and payments.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Register staff with the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and the Ministry of Finance.
- Manage and track staff benefits approved by the MSI Home Office.
- Manage and keep confidential all personnel files, agreements and related materials.
- Conduct recruiting for potential associates in Lebanon.
- Conduct all office administrative functions for MSI project implementation.
- Learn and adhere to MSI procurement regulations, and take responsibility for day-to-day purchases and procurement requests required for program operations, with guidance from MSI Home Office.
- Assist with the organization and logistical arrangements for all workshops, conferences, and travel.
- Organize and file all information and supporting documents pertaining to the implementation of the project as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution in finance, accounting, or a related field;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in finance and administration is required, with experience working with the NSSF and Ministry of Finance;
- Strong familiarity with and demonstrated experience in Quickbooks accounting software;
- Strong IT stills including proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required;
- High degree of professionalism, adaptability and organization;
- Strong sense of self-direction and the ability to carry out tasks with little oversight;
- Willingness to function in a team setting, including collaboration with the World Learning Finance and Administrative Director;
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn;
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com