DEADLINE: March 23, 2018
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ONLY NATIONAL STAFF
Job Title: Partner Compliance Officer
Reports To: Finance Manager
Country/Location: Monrovia, Liberia
You will help coordinate and contribute to the implementation of CRS projects/grants policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting the project/grant financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, preparing account entries, and delivering financial reporting services throughout the project/grant life cycle.
You will provide targeted training as well as technical follow-up with CRS’ Partners to ensure they utilize the correct systems and internal controls in their administration and/or finance departments. You will conduct regular assessments of Partners’ internal control systems, including accounting/finance and procurement practices, liquidations of advances and providing advice and assistance where needed so that Partners remain in compliance with CRS and donor policies and procedures as well as local laws.
- Conduct pre-assessment of partner financial management system in line with agency SRFMP
- Assess, evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare and submit scopes of work for each field visit, identifying dates, partners, objectives, outputs and staff to meet.;
- On the basis for systemic and periodic reviews of partner systems and identification of problems in systems, provide timely on-site technical assistance and arrange for trainings for partner accounting, administrative and logistics staff;
- Debrief partner directors and finance staff on all findings and recommendations at the end of each visit, followed up by a written report;
- Develop training materials for partner training in administration, finance and commodity management;
- Follow up and assist partners in implementing corrective action plan, audit findings and recommendations of internal and external auditors;
- Keep partners informed of un-liquidated balances and provide appropriate assistance to expedite regular submission of liquidations.
- Verify partner liquidation documents according to approved project budget and justification narrative.
- Ensure that all partner transactions are supported by adequate and auditable documentation.
- Send official communication to partners on summary results and /or changes in expenditures sheet submitted, including a detailed breakdown of questioned costs upon review of documents.
- Ensure that partners resubmit questioned documents with complete documentation in two weeks after official communication on expenditures.
- Prepare and process journal entries according to CRS financial procedures.
- Ensure timely disbursement of funds once partner project advance request is approved.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of account balances with partners and take all necessary actions to clear existing differences.
- Ensure that the Partners’ Accounting systems are in compliance with the local laws, CRS accounting systems and donor accounting systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting;
- Development and implementation of effective training tools to train partners staff on commodity and financial management and internal controls;
- Preparation and submittal to the immediate supervisor of accurate reports after each field trip;
- Follow-up with the Partners to resolve outstanding audit and other issues emerging from regular field visits.
- Responsible for the transmittal of payroll to the bank (payroll is prepared by the HR, submits to Finance Manager for review and subsequently approved by the CR or his designee’ before submission to bank for processing.
- Prepares vouchers for FM review and verification for subsequent approval.
- Payment of government taxes (withholdings from vendors, employees income taxes and social security contributions) each month to be included in the same month the expenditures were incurred.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting.
- Minimum of two years experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Knowledge of donor regulations, including USG, World Bank, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and representation skills.
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
- At least 15% of travel to partners’ offices
- At least 10% to LRA and Social Security to pay withholding tax to GoL account.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Program Finance Team, all other Department, Senior Management Team, Regional Finance Officer and HQ Finance staff.
External: Partners, GoL
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ONLY NATIONAL STAFF
Please send expressions of interest to the following address:
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org