Job Description Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS is providing advisory services to Chinese Local Government to develop Asia-Pacific Smart Healthcare Demonstration Zone in Beidaihe in China. (hereafter referred to as “the Project”).
The Project is in line with the newly set global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Particularly, the Project will contribute to optimizing medical & healthcare resources deployment / distribution across the region and help to address the emerging issue of the “aged society”. Furthermore, the Project will contribute to upgrading & transforming industrial structure of the local economy, generating ample new employment opportunities and improving livelihood for the local population especially women labor force.
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. ONLY CHINESE NATIONALS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Director of the project, the Partnership and Project Management Officer is mainly responsible for the overall management of the Project, through a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders. S/he will ensure that outputs / results can meet the business case for UNOPS, the client, and the funding source.
Also, s/he will play a critical role in assisting project team leader in project promotion and partnership development through raising public awareness, international and national visibility and exposure on a global scale, so as to attract the targeted industries, research and development institutions, think-tanks and concerned organisations.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for delivering the following:
Project partnership and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Maintain solid relationship with partners and key stakeholders of the Project;
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are well informed of project activities, progress and results, and solicit feedback and gauge client satisfaction;
- Draft Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), and other engagement instruments for partnerships;
- Take part in negotiations, meetings and follow-up with clients and other key stakeholders.
Project Management and Oversight
- Work with the team & clients for effective project implementation, including making inputs to implementation plans, cost analysis and modifications, identification of milestones and other performance indicators to ensure success;
- Manage and ensure quality completion / production of project results / outcomes; Ensure that the project produces the required products within the specified tolerance of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits
- Manage the project implementation in accordance with UNOPS strategies, policies, guidelines and concerned procedures / rules;
- Develop and update the Project Risk assessment, conduct regular appraisal & assessment of project strategic and implementation plans, identify issues or potential risks and areas for improvement;
- Take part in developing sound project procurement plans, ensure all project procurement activities are in compliance with UNOPS procurement policies, regulations & rules, and ensure effective internal control and analysis of parameters;
- Follow up and act on implementing audit recommendations. All exceptions reported on a timely basis.
Financial Resource Management and Delivery Performance Oversight
- Monitor production of the required outputs, responsible for overall progress and use of resources and initiate corrective actions when necessary;
- Monitor the utilization of allocated funds to ensure transparency and compliance with UNOPS financial policies and accountability framework; decide on the optimum and appropriate allocation and management of project resources;
- Draft annual business project plans including annual objectives, performance measurements, standards and expected project results / outcomes;
- Take part in the project budget preparation and submission processes to ensure budget proposals are correctly presented and submitted in a timely manner;
- Supporting the delivery of mandatory financial reports and timely submission of reports ensuring contents quality, precision and professional presentation.
Industry Partnership Development
- Take part in developing and managing a comprehensive partnership plan that will identify and attract international companies and other important partners;
- Working with the team to design sales channels, prepare and implement action plans via each channel to continuously strengthen global business linkages;
- Contribute to comparative study & analysis on industry demographic and development trends, to track and screen targeted partnership opportunities for the project;
- Study international best practices / lessons including similar projects in comparable context;
- Identify and negotiate with new partners (e.g. private sector companies) to initiate and formulate collaboration, e.g. drafting concept notes and project briefs for further discussions;
- Support the team leader to strengthen cooperation with local government to attract suitable investment companies to the demonstration zone ;
- Examine risks and opportunities resulted from the strategic positioning of the area, and propose appropriate responses to ensure project’s sustainable development;
- Take part in organizing various project events and activities such as business missions, workshops, training activities, etc.
- Represent UNOPS to attend various project related international and local events, coordination and stakeholder meetings when required;
- Prepare presentations and other forms of communication methods (e.g. fact sheets, videos, presentations) to show case the Demonstration Zone;
- Contribute to the development of media outreach strategies.
Institutional Capability Enhancement and Oversight
- Work with the team to prepare and conduct trainings for local government officials, park operators and project team members with both information and tools on how to better work with relevant strategic partners;
- Work with the team to develop learning initiatives and systems to improve dissemination of tools, knowledge and advocacy materials;
- Promote and create space for innovation and innovative measures to strengthen the knowledge management and learning agenda.
- Other activities or temporary tasks as assigned by the Project Director.
Core Values and Principles:
- Creativity and innovation
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant field, such as Public Administration, Business Administration, Investment, International Development, Healthcare & Public Health or other relevant disciplines
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree (total 7 years of experience)
B. Work Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in project development and management, with focus on investment, monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations
- Solid network in relevant health care industries to support management, investment, research and outreach
- Experience in managing similar projects will be an asset
- Experience in establishing and maintaining partnerships with international development organizations, foundations, private equities or private sector organizations, in Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Senior Living or other related industries will be a plus
C. Language Requirements
Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin).
PRINCE2® Foundation/ PRINCE2® Practitioner/ PMP will be an asset.
About the Organization Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.