FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Partnerships Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded global project. The project seeks to build upon and expand USAID’s efforts to leverage the roles of communities to strengthen and adapt existing community health platforms to support national policies and implementation plans for COVID-19 preparedness and response (non-pharmaceutical interventions) and continuity of existing primary healthcare services based on national guidelines and needs/priorities to create lasting structures for future response.
The Partnerships Advisor will work with the program to lead program efforts to build and strengthen partnerships with private sector corporations, foundations, accelerators, and impact investors with aligned interests to addressing COVID globally. The Advisor will leverage the private sector’s expertise, resources and investment to achieve program objectives. The Advisor will provide technical leadership, support, and build market-based solutions, linkages, and capacity in the project, serving as a subject matter expert as well as helping oversee the day-to-day management of the program activities and implementation of the program work plan. S/he will liaise with and maintain productive, collaborative relationships among project and local partners.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership in the development, planning and implementation of the project’s private sector engagement strategy
- Develops tools and implementation strategies to meet or exceed approved private sector activities in work plans
- Develops performance standards for private sector engagement
- Ensures quality of all relevant private sector activities
- Leads capacity building efforts of partners to foster and maintain partnerships with private sector actors/collaborators
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of private sector activities and makes recommendations for enhancements
- Develops and maintains working relationships with private sector partners engaged in the program, including corporations, impact investors, and accelerators
- Collaborate and coordinate with a diverse set of stakeholders such as national government agencies, non-government organizations, regional and local governments, private sector organizations, local communities, and academic institutions
- Responsible for sharing private sector engagement best practices and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in relevant private sector-related forums and networks
- Represents the project on private sector-related working groups, committees, and in other venues
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics, international development, global health, or a related technical field
- 8-11 years of experience in partnership development, social innovation, social enterprise, global health, and related fields
- Applied knowledge of key tools, frameworks, and methodologies in partnership development, social innovation, social enterprise, market value chains and private sector engagement
- Proven ability to engage and partner with the private sector on health and development programming, globally
- Ability to engage and work with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams situated globally
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.