The Program and Partnerships Manager will be responsible for supporting the effective planning, rollout, and execution of all No Means No Worldwide (NMNW) programs and partnerships. This includes supporting with day-to-day tasks such as logistics, planning, and administration; supporting rollout of technical work such as curriculum development and training; and working to ensure that NMNW partners have the guidance and support needed to deliver programs effectively. This position will report to NMNW’s Managing Director.
This is a full-time position based in the United States with 30-50% expected travel to East Africa. NMNW is in the process of establishing a US office near Providence, RI. This position could be based out of NMNW’s US office, or we are open to the right candidate working remotely (especially from strategic cities such as DC, NYC, San Francisco or Boston). Salary is commensurate with experience. Applicants must have the right to work in the United States.
Program Management & Administration
- Accountable for execution of high quality NMNW Partnership projects, and ensuring all projects meet targets and deliverables as outlined in proposals and grant agreements. Liaise regularly with partners and field staff to ensure that programs are delivered as planned, milestones are met and deliverables are fulfilled.
- Responsible for executing logistics of strategic partnerships including sub grants, contracts, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), etc.
- Harmonize NMNW ongoing technical assistance to partners (R&D, Biz Dev, Operations) through specialized support as determined through phone/skype calls, emails, in person visits.
- Ensure accurate M&E data collection from all projects.
- Assist with financial management of all NMNW grants by monitoring NMNW spending, partner subgrants, and supporting timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Work with the US-based accounting team to address field-based issues with financial reporting, timesheets, administration, and HR for NMNW projects.
- Support the recruitment, hiring, training and managing of staff and volunteers as necessary.
- Support the development of new proposals, budgets, and concept papers as opportunities arise.
- Gather and synthesize financial and narrative reports from multiple implementing partners for streamlined communication back to donors and internally at NMNW.
- Support the stewarding of funding relationships to keep key stakeholders informed of progress and impact through reports, and regular communication
- Support the development of NMNW’s replication model scale strategy.
- Assist with identification, selection, and prioritization of implementing partners; answer partnership requests, conduct information sharing calls/meetings.
- Support the cultivation of relationships with a wide variety of partners including local implementing partners, donors, government agencies, and multilateral agencies.
- Attend conferences, networking meetings, and workshops to meet with potential implementing partners and supporters as appropriate.
- Conduct assessments (virtual and in-person) with potential partners.
Technical Program Support
- Closely collaborate with partners to bring proposals to life through practical design of implementation plans, deliverable timelines and project milestones, and partnership infrastructure.
- With input from other staff, design partnership programs in line with NMNW strategy and mission, and identify and pursue opportunities for continual innovation and improvement.
- Conduct program planning and design assessment trips to field sites as necessary.
- Design partnerships and projects so that both NMNW and our partners are held accountable to measurable objectives and targets.
- Internal liaison with the technical team to lead the coordination of technical service delivery including: curriculum development and adaptation, training delivery, M&E system and tools, HR staffing plans, partnership logistics, specialized support.
- Degree in a relevant field
- 4+ years experience working in international development
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills for managing programs across various countries and staff / volunteers / partners from various cultures
- Superior writing skills, including grant and proposal writing experience
- Excellent verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards
- Ability to travel extensively with a limited budget, including navigating challenging environments and schedules
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with field staff and partner organizations
- Passionate about ending sexual violence against women and children and an enthusiastic commitment to NMNW’s history and mission
- To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name and the job title in your subject line.
- In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned about the opening.
- Applications are due by June 15, 2018. We intend to fill the position as soon as possible.
No Means No Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.