You’re a Business Development professional with a proven track record of establishing and leveraging high-level relationships and presenting creative solutions to generate growth.
You’re excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture. You’re a self-starter, goal-oriented and dependable individual. You thrive in an environment where you’re driven and responsible for your own work and results (but you get the support you need). You are comfortable cultivating relationships, including at C-suite level, and are excellent at finding ways to tackle problems. You can make high-quality decisions and have phenomenal social, analytical and writing skills.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here:
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Partnerships Lead?
As a Partnerships Lead, your primary role is to initiate and establish relationships, develop partnerships and grow revenue with top companies, foundations, aid agencies and NGOs from the US East Coast.
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Meet with key Partnerships team members, particularly the Team Leads
- Establish a deep understanding of Devex business lines and internal procedures
- Develop a strategic plan for top East Coast accounts
- Do introductory calls with top US accounts with other Partnerships Leads
- Have in-person scoping meetings with senior players on the East Coast
- Collaborate with the Business Development Operations Lead to Identify influencers and top prospective client accounts where Devex can add new value
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Developed a solid understanding of the US development space and key opportunities in the East Coast market
- Identified and built relationships with prospective and current partners, including leading companies, foundations, aid agencies and NGOs from the US
- Gained a deep understanding of the challenges of those partners and presented well-aligned Devex solutions
- Established and maintained a healthy pipeline of opportunities in Salesforce
- Closed high-value opportunities to meet your revenue targets
- Elevated Devex’s status as the go-to media solution for the US development community
- Collaborated with the rest of the global Partnerships team to enhance the way we solve the challenges of our US partners
Here are the basic requirements you’ll need to as Partnerships Lead…
- 5-7+ years of experience in a PR and International Development, or similar
- A Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Public Policy, International Business, Political Sciences or any related field.
- Deep knowledge of how media companies can best use their high-quality journalism into successful partnerships while protecting and enhancing the brand
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM
- US Work authorization
- You can work remotely from New York or at our office in Washington DC
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have…
- Business development experience working for a PR or media organization selling to international development clients
- An established network in the US international development community
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Are you ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more. We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
The Devex Partnerships function is growing rapidly and includes 4 interdependent business lines: Devex LIVE, Devex Advertising Strategies, Digital Communications and Surveys, and Advisory Services.