Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: a proactive and innovative professional who is excited about driving the growth of an up-and-coming business line through establishing and building relationships and partnerships with leading development organizations.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world by working directly with our audience of one million global development professionals.
If you’re eager to bring your creative, strategic and business development skills to help us grow our fast growing Partnerships function at Devex, we’d love to get to know you better. We want to give you the opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
The Devex Partnerships function is growing fast. It was only launched in 2013, and it now includes 5 independent, but related, business lines: Devex LIVE, Devex Advertising Strategies, Digital Communications, Surveys and Advisory Services and Global Recruitment Services. As Partnerships Manager, your primary role is to manage relationships, develop partnerships and grow revenues with top companies, foundations, aid agencies and NGOs in the US, Canada, Australia, UK and Ireland.
Why this position is great for you:
- You get to engage and problem-solve with the top organizations in development, humanitarian assistance and global health
- Our Partnerships team is growing fast, and so are the opportunities for those that are growing with it
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s making more of an impact all the time and that has an open, collaborative culture
- There’s no bureaucracy here. You’ll get to own your work with the support you need
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Partnerships Manager are to…
- Identify and build relationships with prospective and current partners, including leading companies, foundations, aid agencies and NGOs from the US, Canada and Australia that are likely to form win-win partnerships with Devex.
- Build revenue with key accounts through closing partnerships by working in collaboration with individual Devex business line leads or, when appropriate, individually.
- Serve as a liaison between Devex and the Key Accounts to ensure customer success from partnership concept, to development to implementation.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Devex Partnerships team to figure out ways we can work together most effectively to ensure we are best able to solve the challenges of our partners.
To fit well in this role you must have a deep understanding of how media companies can best leverage their high-quality journalism into successful partnerships while protecting and enhancing the brand. Qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (International Affairs, Public Policy, International Business, etc)
- 3+ years work experience with a media, public affairs or similar company, preferably in a business development or similar capacity
- An established network in the international development community (or a proven record of being able to create one)
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and writing skills
- US work authorization
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work
- You’re mission-driven, and you also like to go out and sell in order to drive that mission
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.