The Payroll Accountant is responsible for managing the payroll process and performing accounts payable-related tasks
- Coordinates with company’s staff for timely submission of timesheets.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Uses automated payroll system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Works closely with Human Resources department for monitoring and completing payroll changes.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, allowance deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures. Conducts payroll orientation for new hires.
- Reconciles promptly and accurately GL accounts related to payroll (e.g. 401K, allowances, State Tax payments, FSA and HAS benefits, Federal tax payments, Health, Dental and Life insurance payments)
- Reconciles expatriate allowances and ensures proper processing thought ADP for tax liabilities.
- Continually looks to improve payroll processes within the company and with other payroll partners (e.g. ADP).
- Completed other accounting tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s in accounting or related field with a minimum of 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Payroll systems experience required, ADP experience required.
- Experience using multiple accounting systems including Deltek CostPoint 7 and advanced Excel required.
- US government experience USAID, DOS, and/or MCC experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, solve problems, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and develop time lines and schedules.
- Knowledge of the FAR, travel regulations, procurement best practices, and government costs accounting best practices required.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills required.
- Strong customer service orientation and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management with varying degrees of financial knowledge.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.