CARE is seeking a Payroll Accountant to be an integral member of our payroll department. The payroll accountant will have the responsibility to maintain payroll-related accounts, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and related schedules, exhibits and summaries. This position also has responsibility for payroll tax activities, including tax withholding procedures, compliance with local, state and federal regulations and the filing of applicable returns. When necessary, the payroll accountant will research and advise on the accounting treatment of new, complex or non-recurring transactions. The payroll accountant will also support internal and external audits.
- Maintains all payroll related accounts including journal entries and reconciliation
- Prepare, reviewing and reconcile payroll tax reports in preparation for remittance
- Prepare, monitor and report allowances related to CARE employees working outside of the US
- Prepare, monitor and review payroll related requirements related to the relocation of employees
- Ad hoc reporting, special projects and serve as back-up to the Payroll Administrator
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or Accounting or
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related area
- 2+ years of payroll accounting and tax reporting
- 2+ years of experience working with an HRIS system - payroll functionality
- Must be organized and demonstrated record of accuracy
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work on teams
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with computerized financial software applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity working with HRIS systems
About the Organization
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.