APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12th August 2018
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Under the direct supervision of the Payroll Support Analyst, and under the guidance of the ICT development team lead, the Payroll Support Developer will support the improvement and maintenance of the payroll solution within the UNOPS ERP (Unit4 Business World) as part of the Solutions Design Team.
1. System configuration
2. Payroll Support
3. Knowledge Management
1. Conducts system configuration of the payroll solution within the UNOPS ERP (Unit4 Business World) and develops tools for maintenance and management of the same
● Under the supervision of the Payroll Support Analyst, configures and develops changes to the ERP, including both regular and ad-hoc updates to the system and oversight of associated procedures
● Performs initial testing of own and team configurations
● Tests existing and new functionality when upgrades / patches are applied
● Provides key input and assistance for user acceptance testing
● Supports the HR and Payroll Support Analyst on implementation of new modules.
2. Provides support to the UNOPS Payroll team
● Investigates reported application problems and works with the Payroll Support Analyst, System Support, developers and the Solutions Designers to test, diagnose and isolate the root cause of problems
● Coordinates diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommends workarounds where appropriate
3. Provide knowledge management services to the Payroll Support Team
● Maintains development and configuration documentation for the Payroll Support team
● Coordinates documentation of all work activities, including design specifications and test plans
● Ensures system documentation relating to HR and payroll processes are fit-for-purpose and meet ICT requirements and objectives
● Assists in the development of training materials and other guidance pertaining to HR and payroll related developments
- High School Education is required
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems or other relevant discipline is an advantage and may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience with application development and configuration is required.
- Experience doing ERP development or configuration is desired.
- Good SQL skills (MS SQL Server) are required
- Knowledge of the ExtJS framework would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with developing business applications within large and complex enterprise IT environments would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in the development, documentation and maintenance of relevant documentation and user guides is an asset.
- The successful candidate is one who demonstrates a service minded approach, possesses good communication skills, good IT understanding, has the ability to learn, and works as a team player
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract level, type and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA)
Contract level: Local ICA 6
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
About the Organization
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partnersâ€™ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the worldâ€™s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partnersâ€™ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.Â