Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an efficient, meticulous, and responsible human resource professional who has demonstrated background in employee engagement, events, and HR policy formulation and implementation.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals.
If you are eager to use your skills to support our company’s Human Resources team in efficiently delivering quality in its operations, and maintaining a healthy, positive and sustainable relationship with our employees, suppliers, and clients then we’d love to meet you!
You’ll find at Devex, an opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, Manila, and Tokyo, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
Our People & Administration team plays a vital role in promoting DEVEX culture as well as in carrying out administrative, financial and employee engagement functions related to the company’s day-to-day operations.
Our offices in Washington DC and Barcelona also rely on you and your team to respond to their queries concerning administrative, personnel, legal as well as financial/operational matters.
We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture.
No bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the People & Administration Associate include:
- Supporting the execution of activities related to Devex’ human resources, administration, employee engagement, events and other logistical requirements.
- Supporting and coordinating organization-sponsored employee services and activities to increase employee engagement.
- Assisting in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Managing and administering employee training and development programs.
- Participating in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Acting as executive assistant to the Director of Corporate Administration.
- Assisting in overall office management.
- Performing other related tasks, duties and functions as required.
To fit well in this role you must be dependable, approachable, easily adaptable, with exceptional interpersonal, organization and multi-tasking skills; someone with prior HR experience – either within local or global operations; and a problem solver with a can-do attitude. You also must have…
- Has at least 2-5 years’ experience with human resource functions
- Has extensive experience in developing and sustaining employee engagement programs
- Should also be familiar with the Labor Code – preferably, candidate has already undergone training, or has Labor Relations experience, dealing with policy violations and the like
- Has ability to provide efficient and reliable assistance with strong attention to details
- Experience working with international staff/expatriates a plus.
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; confident in composing emails and talking to multinational colleagues;
- Prior experience working for a multicultural environment (especially with expatriate staff), or extensive experience working with a local company.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
We are Devex, a driving force in global development on a mission to connect people, information and ideas to make a $200-billion industry do more good for more people. Through devex.com, we offer news, business information, and recruiting services to our 500,000-member community including CARE, Microsoft, World Bank UNDP, ADB, and other leading firms, donor agencies, NGOs and development professionals.
Headquartered in Washington DC, and with offices in Barcelona, Manila and Tokyo, our social enterprise consists of 100 accomplished, über-smart, dynamic, exuberant staff who give their all to make sure what we do makes a difference. Devex offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as creative spaces, flexible schedules, snack-filled fridges and all the espresso you can drink. If you see yourself as part of a progressive group of global development game changers, join us!