World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our approximately 40,000 staff members working in more than 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As People & Culture (HR) Director, World Vision Myanmar, you will
- provide leadership and strategic management for all aspects of the organization’s human resource and organizational development functions.
- advise, facilitate, and support the Senior Management team in attracting, hiring, and developing staff and leaders to achieve the goals and outcomes established in the country strategy.
- develop and mainstream integrated initiatives that nurture strong spiritual formation of children, youth and their families and expand quality partnership with the church to support improved child wellbeing.
- Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with emphasis in HR.
- Knowledge of specialized principles or techniques equivalent to those that would normally be obtained through a four-year college/university academic program or in-depth specialized training program directly related to the type of work to be performed.
- Must have strong knowledge and capability with written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, analyze and diagnose organizational realities and to use appropriate OD and performance improvement technologies including consultancy and coaching skills.
- At least 8 years Human Resources management experience in an international development organization.
- At least 3 year experience in a senior NGO management role in a developing country.
- Periodic in-country, regional and international travel is required, not to exceed 25% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 05 JUN 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.