Background and Objectives of the Consultancy
IntraHealth International seeks an independent consultant to produce guidelines and standards for aligning IntraHealth’s PEPFAR Expenditure Analysis (EA) reporting with its financial system.
Our goal is to implement a unified approach across IntraHealth International’s PEPFAR awards to ensure the quality of PEPFAR Expenditure Reporting and efficiency of methods used to produce them, as well as transparency of expenditures for improved program management.
The timeline of engagement would be up to 30 days starting in April through no later than June 30, 2021.
Applicants must submit a CV, a cover letter detailing their experience and a proposed approach, and their daily rate. Applicants will be assessed on the relevance of their experience, approach, and their daily rate.
Applications should be submitted no later than April 9, 2021.
Responsibilities of the Consultant
Through desk research and key informant interviews, the PEPFAR Expenditure Reporting Consultant will complete the following tasks in this engagement:
- Landscape analysis on how our PEPFAR programs are reporting project expenditures now, what tools they are using to organize their expenditure data, how they are currently utilizing QuickBooks and our financial system to complete the EA, and what their “pain points” are.
- Detailed guidance on a unified approach to EA reporting that may include, but not limited to, resource allocation methodologies, analytic workbooks, and/or coding structure recommendations to align project expenditures in QuickBooks and our financial system.
- Training PowerPoint for IntraHealth finance staff on IntraHealth’s unified EA approach.
- Inception Report. The consultant will prepare a written report of 3-5 pages for review by IntraHealth staff that will detail their proposed methodologies for desk review and key informant interviews. The inception report should be completed within two weeks of the engagement. (Estimated LOE: up to 5 days)
- Draft Guidance. The consultant will prepare a draft written report of 10-15 pages and an accompanying PowerPoint presentation that details where our programs are now and defines a path for the achievement of a unified approach to PEPFAR EA reporting, for IntraHealth to provide comment, feedback and request clarifications/edits/changes. The written report will include an appendix of sources cited and key informants interviewed. The draft report should be completed by XXXX. (Estimated LOE: up to 15 days).
- Final Guidance & PPT Training. Upon approval of the revised report and presentation, the consultant will develop a training in PowerPoint for all finance staff. S/he will deliver a final written guidance report to IntraHealth and present the PowerPoint presentation (via video conference) of the report to key IntraHealth staff. (Estimated LOE: up to 10 days).
- Demonstrated experience with PEPFAR programs, policies, and indicators required
- Demonstrated experience with PEPFAR expenditure analyses
- Experience in developing process, guideline, and training documents
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and presentation
- Knowledge of key accounting systems, particularly Serenic and Cost Point required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
No locations restrictions, work is expected to be completed remotely.
No travel is planned for this consultancy.
About the OrganizationDedicated to strengthening health workers and the systems that support them, IntraHealth International has served the public health needs of developing countries for 30 years. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power of partnership, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
•Health workforce and systems strengthening
•Health worker training and performance
•Maternal, newborn and child health
•Family planning and reproductive health
•HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment and care
•Malaria prevention and treatment
Founded in 1979 as the Intrah program at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, IntraHealth incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2003. We have worked in more than 75 countries throughout our history, and currently have programs in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Eurasia. Our work is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Pfizer, Inc., the Tides Foundation, and by individual contributors.
IntraHealth’s main office is in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We also have offices in Washington, DC, Armenia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Southern Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
More Jobs from this Organization