Rational for PMIS consultant
Objectives & General Scope
Development of Performance Management Information System (PMIS) for Decision Making
DDIU activity is focusing on supporting data demand and information by working to strengthen the availability and presentation of data for decision making through developing a Performance Management Information System (PMIS) which is PMIS is a management support system that aims at enhancing the management capacity and improving accountability in the ministry by enabling the decision makers and takers to monitor and evaluate the progress of the implementation of the MOH Strategic Plan and Hospital KPIs.
The PMIS will be designed to serve different purposes, including as a communication tool to engage different MOH levels (National and subnational), management tool to regularly monitor and evaluate the progress of MOH strategy, MOH operational plans and Hospital KPIs. learning/improvement tool; by providing regular updates on progress, information can be reviewed and used to inform necessary decisions for improvements
The PMIS will:
* Produce reliable data from a single source so that everyone in the ministry can speak the same language.
* Produce relevant data that has buy-in from the whole team.
* Enable the users of effective data comparison for getting valuable insights.
* Create easy access for every user who needs to view the relevant information.
* Provide interactive unified data collection forms which will decrease the time necessary for filling them out and reduce poor quality or inconsistent data.
* Ensure data security that allows control over the rights to edit data collection forms.
* Produce near real-time data in the form of interactive reports - to allow the decision makers address challenges promptly and implement changes when they are necessary.
* Generate trends and benchmark features to keep staff engaged and motivated.
* Provide evidence to develop action/operational plans
The PMIS system will include a dashboard function that allows key information to be presented visually via a set of standard dashboards. Use of the dashboards will enable identification of corrective action to ensure proper strategy implementation. (Annex 1: PMIS Concept Note & list of KPIs)
PMIS Main Functions:
1 Data entry from deferent MOH directorates and hospitals (list of required indicators attached Annex 3)
2 Indicators Calculation.
3 Dashboards, charts tables Production.
4 Different types of reports and graphs Production.
5 Other features will be extracted from the concept note and related document.
The following is a list of the high-level project activities and their description that will be performed to deliver the PMIS as defined in the project scope.
* Consultant role
* Project planning
* Scope and Activities
- Training Plan
- To formally have approved Project Plan
- Presenting and discussing project scope
- Draft and elaborate project plan upon agreed scope.
- Work with counterparts to develop the plans
- Finalized Project Plan that include the following:
- Training Plan
Approved Project Plans
Software Requirements Specification (SRS) Elicitation
Elicit detailed specifications of PMIS
Elicit the PMIS specification
Delivery of final SRS documents
PMIS SRS Document
Development and Implementation of PMIS on Ministry of Health website
Development and Deployment is made on the MOH Site to serve all purposes and functions for the duration of the project and to be carried over to live operations.
Deploy on MOH Site PMIS
User Acceptance Test and Documentation
To test and verify the functional and business requirement s of the PMIS with the ITD, Institutional development directorate Team and relevant MOH directorates
Train the ITD, Institutional development directorate Team and relevant MOH directorates representatives on the system to facilitate the execution of the system document results
* Testing report
* Process documentation
HFG will assist MOH to Create a web-based Performance Management Information system which requires consultant services, HFG is seeking to hire a programming consultant with the following qualifications:
* Able to Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
* Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* An understanding of the latest web trends and their role in a commercial environment
* Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
* Sound understanding of the base theory behind data visualization and dashboard design, preferably in a software agnostic context.
* Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
* Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
* Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
* Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
* Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
* Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse.
* Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
* Able to communicate effectively within a development team and with non-technical external stakeholders.
* Must have good written and oral communication skills.
* Proven working experience in web programming
* Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
* A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
* Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
* Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
* Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
* Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
* training and experience
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining open source software
* BS in computer science or a related field
Location: Iceland - - Jordan-Amman
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. The Jordan Health Finance and Governance Activity (HFG), a five-year USAID funded activity begun in November 2016, aims to improve health sector sustainability and resilience in Jordan, both highly dependent on sound health sector financing and governance. The HFG work plan contains diverse tasks across diverse technical areas. HFG's two primary objectives in support of the GOJ's UHC goal are: (1) Increased spending efficiency of public resources for health to ensure long term sustainability; and (2) Strengthened governance of the health sector at both national and subnational levels to more effectively coordinate, plan, manage, and monitor the health system.
The "Data Demand and Information Use” Activity at HFG is under the governance component it seeks to increase effective use of data in setting health priorities and policies for the Jordan health sector, as well as in making cost-effectiveness decisions on the allocation of resources. The data demand and use activity focuses on supporting data demand and information use by working to strengthen the availability and presentation of data for decision making through developing a Performance Management Information System (PMIS). HFG is providing technical assistant to the MOH to develop M&E system for the Hospital KPIs managed by the Quality Directorate and The MOH new strategic plan 2018-2022. The proposed PMIS will assist the MOH to Monitor the progress in the Hospital KPIs and the 2018-2022 strategy by collecting data from the national/subnational directorate and hospital then calculate, analyze and present the main KPIs which will give the MOH users more insight and a deeper understanding of the data obtained and create more informed picture and make it more performance-transparent.