International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI
), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Performance Management Specialist (Team Lead)
Chief of Party
IBTCI is seeking a consultant to serve in the capacity of Performance Management Specialist/Team Lead for our Evaluation Services and Performance Support (ESPS) program in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will operate in accordance with Task Order #TO-16 and perform responsibilities in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Using your leadership and subject matter skills, perform performance management tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Lead the consultant team, including 3 technical specialist consultants. Manage the overall PMP and MEL plan development processing including all deliverables and compilation of the PMP Process Report.
- Collaborate with ESPS team to ensure that contract tasks ae completed and objectives successfully met.
- Manage, guide and assign the work of consultant team members.
- Ensure that appropriate meetings, site visits, etc. are scheduled and held.
- Prepare and submit all internal IBTCI deliverables, including drafting and reviewing presentations and reports.
- Assign roles and responsibilities to consultant team members and supervise their contributions to the final deliverables.
- Provide summary reports to the COP on a regular and timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- his position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- While working on proposals with IBTCI, the consultant is prohibited from working on that same proposal with any other organization.
- Previous experience developing PMPs, MEL plans, indicators and application of CLA principles.
- Strong knowledge of USG performance management and M&E systems and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload in a well-planned and organized manner, with clear directions for tasking direct reports.
- Strong analytical, management and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to resolve issues and conflicts quickly and successfully.
- Excellent presentation, communications and interpersonal skills.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience working on international development projects, particularly USAID or other
- Prior experience in performance management in one or more RDCS technical areas: environment, economic growth, health, countering violent extremism or organizational leadership and learning projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex, full life cycle M&E system implementations, including design, development, testing, rollout and training phases.
- Must be able to communicate successfully with management and all users to create MEL plans and systems.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to working both independently and as part of a team.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in M&E or related field required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.