DevTech is a subcontractor to Highlight Technologies, LLC, under the USAID Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning (PPL) Institutional Support Services Contract (ISSC). This contract entails the provision of system and program management support to PPL in the areas of policy, program, communications, and technical assistance and delivering full-time support staff with administrative, programmatic, and management experience. PPL is strengthening policy integration and coherence within USAID on key policy priorities, enhancing development effectiveness and cooperation through policy and international thought leadership within the U.S. Government and globally, and reinforcing the discipline of development through the Program Cycle.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
The Performance Monitoring Specialist will assist PPL in building USAID Mission capacity and facilitating a process of change management in support of its performance monitoring reforms across the Program Cycle. The Specialist also provides direct technical assistance to USAID Missions implementing ADS guidance on performance monitoring.
- Communicating with Missions on program cycle-related issues.
- Supporting USAID to institutionalize performance monitoring practice and policy as part of the program cycle.
- Routinely liaising with PPL/LER and PPL/SPP as appropriate, to stay current on USAID’s latest performance monitoring policies and practices, as well as their relationship to broader program cycle issues.
- Coordinating and providing support to Missions on Performance Monitoring (PM) and operationalizing the PM Standardized Mission Order.
- Supporting ADS 200 compliance and best practices by Missions.
- Creating tools and checklists to help guide Mission staff through the process of daily performance management from the activity to project and strategy levels in the program pycle.
- Updating PM guidance to reflect updates to PM policy.
- Supporting communication efforts to ensure the updates to PM policies are understood across missions and Washington bureaus.
- Master’s degree with 5 years of experience, or bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Must possess active Secret Clearance.
- Extensive experience with Excel required.
- Knowledge of the USAID Program Cycle, USAID ADS 201 industry performance monitoring methodologies required.
- Experience on indicator selection and Performance Management Plan or M&E Plan development.
- Skills in promoting process improvements and maintaining client confidence while facilitating a process of change management
- Demonstrated flexibility, a problem-solving attitude, capacity to work within complex teams, and ability to thrive in a fluid environment.
- Ability to travel and work remotely in coordination with multiple stakeholders in different geographic locations.
- Previous international development experience that encompasses performance monitoring and reporting responsibilities is desired.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.