EnCompass LLC seeks Performance Evaluation Advisor candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) support activity in Honduras. It is anticipated that this activity will provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services in alignment with the USAID ADS 201, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR).
This individual will work in collaboration with other senior staff to ensure that the monitoring, evaluation and learning related needs of USAID/Honduras are met. The position will be full-time and be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras with travel throughout the country. Honduran nationals are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Performance Monitoring Specialist will support the Activity, leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring and related learning.
Essential functions include:
• Develop performance indicators across multiple sectors and for cross‐cutting areas, and manage the collection, reporting, and analysis of indicator data, ensuring conformity to USAID standards
• Review PMPs, project and activity M&E plans, implementing partner performance monitoring processes, as well as other performance monitoring tasks
• Support capacity strengthening and technical assistance for performance monitoring for USAID and implementing partner staff
• Establish protocols for field-based monitoring, data quality assessments, and other tasks, and support development and design of surveys and tools for data collection
• Supervise long- and short-term staff engaged in monitoring activities
• Oversee enhancements to monitoring systems, ensuring that systems serve as resources and management tools
• Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle
• Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
• Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of the journey to self-reliance
• Other duties as assigned
• An advanced degree in social science, economics, development studies or related field or sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Honduras activities
• At least 7 years of experience in the design and implementation or performance monitoring in developing countries, preferably including experience in a Latin American country.
• A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision‐making, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators across multiple sectors and for cross‐cutting areas; familiar with standard USAID indicators and capable of developing customized indicators
• Demonstrated experience developing PMPs, logical frameworks, results frameworks, and M&E plans at both an activity and program‐wide level
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical background
• Program management experience highly desirable
• Former supervisory experience is required
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written Spanish and English skills
• Honduran nationals are encouraged to apply.
Experience and Skills
• Strong experience with performance monitoring standards and practices required
• Experience building monitoring, evaluation, and learning capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
• Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including host country governments at different levels; experience mentoring staff and working with international and national consultants and staff
• Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills required
• Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
• Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices, M&E design and principles
• Familiarity with USAID/Honduras and the Northern Triangle context is preferred
• Ability to travel within Honduras, as necessary
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.