Dexis is seeking an experienced writer to provide support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan (OAPA). The work location for this position will be in Washington DC. This is a consultancy. The start date for this position is immediate.
OAPA was established to support USAID programs in Afghanistan and Pakistan and to represent USAID in inter-agency committees, to the public, in Congress, and to other governments and partners. Dexis provides management, technical, and administrative services to OAPA.
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide episodic communication work to USAID’s Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs. On an as needed base, the consult will draft written materials including, but not limited to, op-eds, talking points, blogs, and speeches. As standard with all communications products within the Agency, drafts require clearance through USAID/Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, any relevant offices, and consent to publication through USAID/Office of Legislative and Public Affairs. As an uncleared support position, the contractor will not have access to Agency email or access to the building on a frequent basis. In writing for public release and with lack of clearance, the writer will have access to and input from only materials cleared for the public.
Time Frame Options
- Two months- six months, extended as needed by client and Dexis
- Approximately 22 hours per month
Output Per Month
- Three to five items per month published in media outlet
- As noted above, products to be cleared through USAID OAPA and LPA
- Publication only with approval from USAID OAPA and LPA
- Input on speeches for OAPA FO as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in public relations, communications, or closely related field, and 3 years of professional experience coordinating public relations programs and projects; or Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or closely related field, and 4 years of professional experience coordinating public relations programs and projects.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of public relations as applied in the design and implementation of public outreach and media relations.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to research and draft original content through a wide variety of communication mechanisms.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.