PFM and Procurement Expert (m/f) - Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Finance for the implementation of the Ghana Public Finance Management Support Programme
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU - funded project: Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Finance for the implementation of the Ghana Public Finance Management Support Programme.
The overall objective is to improve economic governance and business environment and to maximise the benefits of the Economic Partnership Agreement for Ghana.
The purpose of this contract is to build a more robust oversight function of Independent Government Institutions and Parliament.
To do so, the Contractor will be expected to:
- Provide support to the Ghana Audit Service (GAS), the Internal Audit Agency (IAA), the Public Procurement Authority (PPA) and Parliament in the implementation of their respective activities;
- Provide support to the Ministry of Finance (MoF) for the preparation and the follow up of procurement processes to be undertaken under the project;
- Enhance coordination between the four key institutions and ensure cooperation with the Ministry of Finance (MoF).
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Public Financial Management, Procurement or other relevant disciplines or equivalent professional experience of at least 2 years in addition to the requested general professional experience.
General professional experience
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the field of Public Policy and/or Public Administration and/or Public Financial Management and/or Procurement;
- At least 1 proven experience in the field of PFM project in the last 6 years (2012-2017).
Specific professional experience
- Proven experience and expertise in implementing, monitoring or evaluating programmes/projects related to PFM with specific focus on procurement;
- Experience in developing and providing training on standardised audit procurement framework;
- Previous work in Sub-Saharan Africa shall be considered as an advantage;
- A strong knowledge of EDF rules and procedures of EU funded projects is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills with good command of both spoken and written English;
- Computer literate with coherent report writing skills.
09/01/2018 - 08/31/2021
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in Europeaid format in english.
To apply. please make use of our online - application facility under: