DAI/Human Dynamics is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project “EU assistance for Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030”. The overall objective of the Sector Reform Performance Contract of which this contract will be a part is: to contribute to the achievement of the 2030 Vision of the Agri-Food Sector, which aims to develop a competitive, market and export-oriented Uzbekistan Agri-food Sector that will increase farm incomes, create new jobs, enhance food security and ensure the sustainable use of natural resources (in line with the Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030 and its Roadmap).
We welcome applications for the position of Key expert 3: PFM Expert. The profile description can be found below:
Key expert 3: PFM Expert
He/she will be in charge of implementation of the TA activities on MTEF and Programme budgeting and aligning sector’s budget and policy planning integration. PFM expert would also oversee (and contribute to) implementation of the outputs for improvements to Budget reporting and monitoring and ensure close liaison with TA activities on improvements to strategic management and policy advice under this TA facility.
Qualifications and skills:
- Masters’ Degree in Management, Public Finance Management, Public administration, Economics, Agriculture Economics, Rural Development or similar qualification or, as an equivalent a bachelor’s degree and 2 years more general professional experience in excess of the minimum 10 years (as defined below);
- Proven knowledge of public policies and programmes in the agriculture and rural development sector in transition economies would be a distinct asset;
- Diverse stakeholder coordination, communication and facilitation skills;
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Russian and/or Uzbek language skills would be an asset;
- Previous experience of working in similar projects in former CIS and/or Central Asia would be an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant international senior level management experience in similar projects in strategic planning, management and implementation;
Specific professional experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant international experience working in development cooperation in Public Finance Management;
- Experience in the support of PFM capacity building in the agriculture and/or rural sector in at least 1 previous project in a transition countr;
- Experience in the development of grant payment systems in the agri-food sector or similar considered an advantag.