Chemonics seeks a pharmaceutical commodity call center assistant for the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM works to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply-chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the President’s Malaria Initiative, and Population and Reproductive Health. The PSM South Sudan team is developing a database platform for monitoring pharmaceutical commodity stocks. This mechanism will map commodity distributions using routine phone communications from a Juba-based call center, potentially eliminating a paper-based system. The new approach will routinely track commodity stock status at facilities to inform future product procurement and commodity distribution. PSM South Sudan currently implements the entire call center project in country, but has considered completing some of the calls from Washington, D.C., or surrounding areas. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Call South Sudanese family-planning facilities and pharmacies to inquire about commodity stock
- Enter data collected into an online MySQL database
- Conduct analyses to flag potential commodity stockouts
- Draft updates on commodity stock levels
- Communicate regularly with call center teams in South Sudan and Arlington, Virginia
- Demonstrated experience with South Sudan required, specifically familiarity with South Sudanese dialects and geography
- Experience in data entry; familiarity with pharmaceuticals preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Availability to work irregular hours to accommodate schedule of facilities in South Sudan
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English and South Sudanese Arabic
Please email your CV and a one-page cover letter by August 24, 2018 to SouthSudanCallCenterRecruit@chemonics.com with “Call Center Assistant” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.