Pharmaceutical Quality Control and Testing Expert (Consultant)
The United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) seeks a highly motivated and experienced Pharmaceutical Quality Control (QC) and Testing Expert Consultant to lead the development of QC strategies for commodities procured and distributed in compliance with United States Government and country requirements regarding quality, safety, and efficacy. The Consultant will support the strategic development of technical approaches for proposals in response to competitive solicitations.
This is a full-time telecommuting position, starting as soon as possible with a duration of four-six months.
• Advanced degree in public health, pharmaceutical sciences, operations science, or other related field. Specialized training and/or experience relating to pharmaceutical management or supply chain logistics preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing, implementing, or supporting pharmaceutical quality control in supply chain and health commodity; quality control and pharmaceutical testing experience with US Government projects is an added advantage.
• Substantial technical experience with programs related to supply chain management and systems strengthening, particularly those related to the implementation of reproductive health, MCH, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB prevention, care, and treatment programs in developing countries.
• Understanding of and ability to apply domestic and international guidelines, policies, and regulations regarding the quality, safety, efficacy and use of pharmaceutical, diagnostics and devices.
• Ability to address the technical challenges in procuring, inspecting, sampling, and testing the above products.
• Knowledge of and experience with health commodity GMP and GDP requirements.
• Experience in implementing programs in low-resource settings is an added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
Period of Performance:
The anticipated period of performance will begin as soon as possible and run four to six months.
Please send CV, 3-References, and Hourly Rate to Huy-Liem Nguyen, Global Health Program Coordinator, at GHTP_consultancies@USP.org by the closing date of December 07, 2020.
When submitting your application, please write “Pharmaceutical Quality Control and Testing Expert (Consultant)” in the email Subject Line.