Position: Pharmacy Technologist (2)
Location: Northern/Luapula Provinces
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager - EQUIP
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide pharmaceutical services, Supply Chain and logistics activities in the EQUIP supported sites providing Direct Service Delivery.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate plus related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- ART and Essential Medicines Logistics Management course
- 1 year public sector experience preferably within HIV field
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
- Issuing medicines to patients, furnishing information and advice to patients with regard to the use of medicines.
- Counselling patients on the proper use of drugs they are taking.
- Determining patient compliance with the therapy and follow up to ensure that patient’s medicine related needs are being met
- Evaluating patient’s medicine related needs by determining the indications, safety and effectiveness of therapy.
- Document medication errors and interventions made during dispensing.
- On-going adherence monitoring of patients.
- Involvement in Pharmacovigilance activities
- Clinical Pharmacy to ensure efficacy, safety and continued access to ARVs for inpatients.
- Ensure continuous supply of medication for patients accessing care from pharmacy and areas that we support
- Facilitate multidisciplinary team approach to patient care
Supply chain management:
- Ordering of stock
- Receive stock according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Pack and dispense stock according to FIFO/FEFO rule
- Cold chain maintenance
- Ensure that returned stock/ expired stock is handled according to Good Pharmacy Practise and SOPs
- Ensure adequate stock security
- Design and implement effective and efficient stock control measures and protocols
- Ongoing monitoring of the stock master database of the dispensing software to ensure correct database.
- Support Differentiated Models of care through Community ART Distribution and Dispensing
Administration and Reports:
- Ensure accurate record keeping
- Compile monthly statistics and reports and forward to relevant persons
- Overall support to Facility Pharmacy staff
- Continued evaluation and monitoring of Pharmacy systems. i.e. waiting times, prescription errors etc.
- Perform ongoing assessments for measuring impact of interventions and outcomes thereof for continuous self-improvement
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Certified Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 13 June 2018.
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
About the Organization
Right to Care (RTC) is a non-profit company with a vision that all HIV-positive patients receive high quality treatment, care and support, improving their quality of life and productivity in South Africa and other African Countries.
The EQUIP Consortium is led by Right to Care (RTC) in collaboration with four other Africa based Partners. The EQUIP Consortium provides countries with innovative and customized solutions that increase HIV testing and linkage to care, widens the coverage of ART, expands capacity for viral load monitoring and improves retention of patients on ART. With the support of USAID, EQUIP is designed to provide rapid responses to the needs of high-priority PEPFAR countries.