Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of PIVOT Analyst on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. The Practical InnoVative On-the-job Training (PIVOT) initiative is a capacity building program in support of the Journey to Self-Reliance and the rollout of USAID’s Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Policy. PIVOT targets field-based staff in USAID Missions, using a combination of remote and in-person trainings, exchanges, application on-the-job, and targeted technical assistance.
The PIVOT Analyst will provide critical implementation support and play a vital role in event planning, coordinating events and workshops, and carrying out administrative tasks. Throughout, the PIVOT Analyst will be expected to work collaboratively with USAID staff and implementing partners and to maintain high standards of quality on all work assignments and deliverables. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PIVOT Manager.
- Support the development, planning and delivery of capacity-building sessions and workshops for USAID Mission staff on the theme of private sector engagement.
- Scope, plan, and provide technical assistance to USAID Missions in support of the PSE Policy.
- Report on PIVOT activities, results, learnings, and challenges, through written reports and presentations.
- Oversee the PIVOT budget, including forecasting and financial reporting as needed.
- Support the application of the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework and change management practices to support Mission adoption of USAID’s PSE Policy.
- Contribute to the coordination and delivery of customized workshops and meetings in Washington D.C. and internationally.
- Provide administrative, operational and logistical support to PEPSE’s Practical InnoVative On-the-job Training (PIVOT) activity.
- Research and secure venues, meals, equipment and other relevant procurements for meetings and workshops.
- Work with PEPSE project Operations Lead to recruit external training consultants and identify USAID facilitators for workshops as needed.
- Assist in the creation, production, organization and distribution of workshop and/or event materials.
- Manage, submit and track client approvals.
- Liaise with consultants to plan travel, generate consulting agreements, and complete expense reports.
- Maintain, update and improve company databases and document retention systems.
- Support PIVOT Manager on all project management needs.
Required Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in international development, including experience with USAID.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in the field of international development, management, business administration, or a related field.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that key deadlines are met.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and OSX applications.
- Experience supporting training, logistics or coordination of activities.
- Understanding of and demonstrated passion for international development.
- Eligibility to work in US.
Preferred Education & Experience
- A Master’s degree in a relevant technical area.
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of private sector engagement at USAID
- A demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training or capacity-building content.
- Understanding of USAID’s Program Cycle.
- Experience applying USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Framework.
- Experience producing rapid turnaround of requested comms pieces for a client.
- Experience working with USAID or other large government or donor entities preferred.
- Experience with public-private partnerships strongly preferred.
- Experience using visual notetaking in front of facilitated groups.
- Experience working in an African context.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.