Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of PIVOT Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) and Facilitation Specialist on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. The Practical InnoVative On-the-job Training (PIVOT) initiative is a capacity building program in support of the Journey to Self-Reliance and the rollout of USAID’s Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Policy. PIVOT targets field-based staff in USAID Missions, using a combination of remote and in-person trainings, exchanges, application on-the-job, and targeted technical assistance.
Currently, PIVOT is preparing for the launch of a second cohort of participants. PEPSE’s objectives will include supporting the closure and transition of the first PIVOT cohort, harvesting outcomes and lessons from PIVOT’s first year, preparing for and leading the launch of PIVOT’s second cohort, and developing strategic communications materials on the PIVOT model. Throughout, the PIVOT CLA and Facilitation Specialist will be expected to work collaboratively with USAID staff and implementing partners and to maintain high standards of quality on all work assignments and deliverables. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PIVOT Manager.
- Design the PIVOT experience for the second PIVOT cohort.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to Mission-based teams.
- Design facilitated learning and planning sessions, for both in-person and remote events (e.g. webinars).
- Design at least one all-cohort meeting, which will include Mission-based participants, stakeholders from USAID/Washington, members of the private sector, and USAID implementing partners.
- Apply the CLA framework, change management practices, and knowledge of leadership development to support Mission adoption of USAID’s PSE policy.
- Develop, plan, and deliver capacity-building sessions and workshops for USAID Mission staff on the themes of private sector engagement, CLA, and leadership.
- Report on PIVOT activities, results, learnings, and challenges, through written reports and presentations.
- Structure and lead remote support to Mission-based teams with support of others from PEPSE.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in facilitation, training leadership, coaching, or instruction design.
- A Master’s degree in teaching, international development, international relations, or a related field.
- Experience working with USAID or other large government or donor entities.
- Experience applying USAID’s CLA Framework.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of private sector engagement (PSE) at USAID.
- Experience with public-private partnerships.
- Fluency in a foreign language (French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred).
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.