Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. (AKF USA), is seeking an Associate to assist with managing the Foundation’s newly expanding Planned and Legacy Giving (PLG) Program. The legacy component of our planned giving offering has been a life insurance program whereby donors can gift a life insurance policy to the Foundation. In addition to supporting and growing that existing program, this Associate will support the delivery and administration of other new planned giving offerings. This Associate reports to the Assoc. Director for Planned Giving and is part of AKF’s Resource Development Department, consisting of a team of people focused on individual and corporate fundraising. This position is based in Washington DC and is available immediately.
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th, 2017
Main duties and responsibilities
- Administer the PLG Program with major duties in our life insurance policy program;
- Dialogue with donors, volunteers, applicants, insurance agents, insurance companies and brokers;
- Maintain instructions, systems, guidelines, data, documents and archives for the PLG Program;
- Maintain up-to-date inventory, valuation and assessment of life insurance and other planned giving assets.
- Implement necessary remedial actions to address any impaired assets.
- Provide orientation to insurance agents and volunteers in the field;
- Respond to donor and volunteer inquiries;
- Process donor contributions and disbursements to insurance companies;
- Analyze and prepare reports for management on status and progress of the PLG Program;
- Assist with preparation of schedules for audits;
- Write copy for materials marketing our new PLG program;
- Execute stewardship activities, including managing the printing and mailing of letters and cards, to PLG Program donors;
- Assist in all other ways and do all other things as may be required in connection with the administration of the PLG Program.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Business, Finance, Fundraising or related field;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel;
- Prior knowledge of Planned Giving programs and life insurance is highly desirable;
- Be detailed oriented with strong analytic skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, culturally diverse environment;
About the Organization
ABOUT AGA KHAN FOUNDATION U.S.A. (AKF USA)
Established in 1981, AKF USA is a private, non-denominational, non-profit international development organization committed to alleviating poverty, hunger, disease and illiteracy, primarily in Africa and Asia. Its mission is to address the root causes of poverty by investing in innovative solutions in health, education, rural development, civil society and the environment. The Foundation supports community-based programs in the areas of health, education, rural development and civil society. Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), a group of 11 private development agencies working to empower communities and individuals, often in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities, especially in Africa and Asia.