As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The Competence Centre for Health and Social Protection in GIZ provides advice and support in designing, implementing and evaluating complex reform processes in a number of areas, including health and nutrition. Key areas of work include the interactions between nutrition and health, and capacity-building within health systems in order to enhance health promotion and improve efforts to prevent and cure (nutrition-related) diseases. Nutrition plays a major role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. In order to tackle chronic undernourishment, concomitant conditions of being overweight or underweight, and nutrition-related non-communicable diseases (NCDs), working effectively across sectors is essential (e.g. agriculture, education and social protection).
- Acting as the focal person on nutrition at its interface to health, and coordinating the relevant resources in order to prepare suitable proposals for interventions
- Integrating the topics of health/nutrition into the working context of other relevant thematic areas (e.g. agriculture, education, social protection) by providing advice and feedback, revising documents, and preparing comprehensive position papers on a variety of topics
- Initiating sectoral and cross-sectoral processes to further develop the topic conceptually and methodologically
- Working on conceptual designs, planning and technical backstopping for GIZ’s health and nutrition interventions
- Supporting compliance with technical standards in GIZ’s health/nutrition portfolio
- Actively contributing to knowledge management
- Contributing to dialogue with internal and external experts in appropriate forums such as specialist groups, working groups, sector network events, etc.
- Master’s in public health
- Professional experience in an area of medicine or food science
- Professional experience in development cooperation in the field of health and nutrition, plus knowledge of development cooperation instruments
- Professional experience in German development cooperation partner countries
- Understanding of the connections between international health and nutrition policies, and awareness of the key stakeholders and approaches in the context of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Good ability to communicate and strong social skills
- Very good command of both written and spoken German and English; knowledge of French would be an advantage
The willingness for regularly business trips is expected. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This position can generally be filled in part-time 80%.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.