The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Programme are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries. These programs increase circular labour mobility within Pacific countries, which builds people-to-people links and supports increased economic growth, employment and investment across the region.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT).
The PNG Labour Mobility Coordinator will support a program of assistance to the PNG Department of Labour and Industrial Relations (DLIR) to facilitate labour mobility procedures to ensure an improvement in the supply of quality workers to effectively respond to employer requirements, to ensure PNG is able to effectively engage in the Seasonal Worker Program (SWP) and the Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS).
Under the direction of the PNG Labour Mobility Engagement Manager, the PNG Labour Mobility Coordinator will work closely with the DLIR team members to:
* Facilitate Labour Mobility awareness sessions and hand out relevant information materials
* Review and screen the PLS and SWP worker profile applications according to approved employer criteria
* Screen PLS and SWP worker profile applications considering gender and social inclusion principles
* Conduct CV development sessions/ education training with the selected workers
* Maintain communications with all the selected workers as required
* Support selected workers to complete their Visa application portals/forms
* Facilitate English testing with prospective workers to ensure English standards within worker ready pool
* Facilitate fitness testing with prospective workers to ensure fitness standards for the worker ready pool
* Support communications with Migration Agents regarding visa applications
* Input into the Labour Mobility database as required
* Facilitate high quality Pre-Departure Briefings (PDB) for selected workers leaving to go to Australia
* Support the DLIR team with Labour Mobility related tasks when required
* Communications with DFAT when appropriate, under the guidance of LME Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
* Demonstrates high levels of initiative.
* Strong organisational and time management skills.
* Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Experience in managing and implementing projects.
* Experience in facilitating excellent workshops and training activities
* Understanding of Gender, Disability and Social inclusion
* Commitment to mentoring DLIR staff as required
* Excellent communication skills, for high level external engagement
* Experience in fast paced working environments, with tight deadlines
* Fluent in English and Tok Pisin.
* Familiarity with the Pacific Labour Mobility programs
Location: Papua New Guinea - National Capital District - Port Moresby
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.