As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
The Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) is a unique global partnership working with insurance supervisors, development agencies, international insurance bodies and local entities with the mission to inspire and support insurance supervisors in promoting inclusive and responsible insurance. In close cooperation with the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS), A2ii supports insurance supervisors by identifying supervisory needs, developing tailored capacity building programs, translating knowledge gained from regions into global learning tools, contributing to IAIS standard setting activities and supporting the development and implementation of sound regulatory frameworks.
- Further developing and regularly updating the A2ii’s fundraising strategy
- Research prospective donors and create fundraising messages to respond to donor priorities
- Developing fundraising proposals and write grants as well as supporting internal GIZ co-financing processes
- A2ii liaison person with existing donors as well as donor reporting and responding to ad-hoc requests
- Supporting A2ii’s work with policymakers
- Shape A2ii’s strategy for raising awareness of inclusive insurance with national and international policymakers as well as relevant decision-makers
- Help build and manage A2ii’s network of partner institutions active with policymakers
- Represent A2ii at relevant policy events, such as in the context of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, international development, public relations or communications
- Several years of professional experience in international development, ideally with a focus on fundraising, liaising with donors and/or finance, specifically insurance
- Relevant experience in working with international organisations as well as participating and speaking at international, high-level events
- Strong communication and proven drafting skills
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison and cross-cultural skills
- Fluency in German and English; Good knowledge of another language would be an advantage
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.